·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i'd thought i'd heard something about sportex being a bugger to fit. i'll just have to keep an eye out for a peco which was the make I was originally looking at. Don't want a loud exhaust either just a nice rumble

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lee_H has a 3" sportex backbox. We fitted it on a few weeks back, it was the quickest and easiest backbox I have ever fitted. Not too bad sounding either.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's the one. He bought it from them.
It's a fairly loud exhaust but not over the top.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmm.. don't know what to do now whether to get a sportex or look out for a peco. also whether to get a 3inch like lee h or whethr the oval would look good on mine

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The oval or the 3" would look good. I personally aren't a big fan of peco but that's just my opinion.
It all really depends on your budget as to what you want.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have this backbox as part of a full system, inculding de-cat. My car isnt really that loud tbh, inless you boot it everywhere, it sound's nice.

I had a Magnex before, fit's excatly the same, if not better, it doesn't stick out from under the bumper as much as the magnex did.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
All of them look good but I'd say probably 3" or twin.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Id definately go for the oval mate. Ive got an oval on mine 6"x4". Looks nice n fits to the bumper nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i`m new to this forum, i bought a 4" savage back box for our corsa it doesnt have n e baffles in it n we wer wondering if i would loose any back pressure if you know wat i mean also does it make n e difference to the petrol consumption

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
you what?

steve, not sure on sportex as mine was a **** fit, mounts were totally wrong an it bounced around everywhere.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is an old thread dearing - mind i have my Magnex oval now - just need to fit it

scottnleanne - might be worth starting a new thread - you'll probably get more replies with a fresh one :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts