All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,just had a rear box put on corsa b (2000) and noticed the exhaust was rattling as if it was catching something,ive replaced both sets of rubbers and its still very rattly and tinny,its only started doing it since the back box was replaced,any ideas guys,much appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Does it happen when you stand the car and rev the engine? If so, get underneath and have a look where it's rattline, identify the problem, and fix it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They normally rattle off the back axle. It will probably need loosening off, pushing up at the join, then retightening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks,been under car and there is no contact between exhaust and body,only seems to rattle in first gear and at standstill,maybe its one of them things the wife will have to live with,thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
@Lee - Just a quick question, would this sometimes cause the car to ratthe when the car has weight in the back? Or would that need a little bit more info?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah I had it both rattling by itself, and also only when weight was in the rear over the several years I owned my two corsas. It's worth taking a look and seeing how close it is to the axle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts