All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sort of confused, i want a louder exhaust but not too loud otherwise i'll have police stopping me every 5 minuets. Its just that i dont understand at all like the backbox is that the 'box thing' before the exhaust pipe adn how would i get it fitted etc

any hellp would be appreciated.

thankyou

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
look under you car - just back from where you exhaust tip is there is a large box thing attached to it - that box plus your tip is your backbox.

Magnex, Scorpion and Sebring are on my recommendation list - not too loud but gives you a slightly deeper tone.

Look in my project thread - i put a video up of my Magnex recently :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Powerflow give a nice growl but are fairly quiet with just the backbox :)

If you dont want loud try and keep away from motorworld/halfords items including Rage/Savage/etc lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
very very true......a botched job the previous owner did destroyed my whole exhaust system which had to be replaced at MOT. They went to town with the welding torch and didn't secure it properly...balls it up basically. I was a bit miffed as you can probably imagine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah kwik fit might do it, if not get down to tweeks in wrexham as they do a wide selection and do fitting while you wait

i got a direct fit piper back box for about £130 ish including fitting

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Dearing went to kwik fit i think when he had his sportex backbox but they wouldn't fit it - guessing because he didn't buy one through them. Jo and I are lucky because one of her step dads best mates owns a garage so does all our work. Last time it was there was for MOT and he fitted our exhaust aswell, ordered new brake pipes as they needed done and fitted them - £110 for whole lot :)

Just go to a local garage rather than a named garage like kwik fit, and give them some money for their time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
think kwik fit just do standard jobbies, i got mine welded on at a local garage, just a case of drivin around all different places till u find one that will do it, took me all day to find one cause most garages dont weld anymore

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
And mate, it is very rare that you will get coppers hassling you for an exhaust thats too loud. I'm not saying it doesnt happen becuase i have heard stories that it does, but it is very rare, as me and a couple of my mates have got very loud exhausts and none of us have been pulled once. And we have all been driving over a year now with them on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts