All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to extend the wire for the sidelight socket on a corsa b.

I imagine i could buy some connectors or crimp things and some wire and just split it and put an extension in? otherwise how do i extend it, as it doesnt reach into my new angel eye lights because the sidelight socket is further away that the original standards.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
As long as you keep the wires going to where they did originally I don't see a problem. Make sure everything is insulated well :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i had to do this with mine after i chopped them aobut, just simply cut a few cm's from the unit an use some connectors on another piece of wire an wire up:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Insulation tape should be fine I imagine, but rubber covers might be better, as long as they don't slide off or anything.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome cheers guys, but what wire do i need to get hold of? the sidelight has two; I presume positive and negative.

I can get hold of connectors , like speaker ones yeah?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I could be wrong, but can't you cut the wires behind the connector that plugs into the headlights, connect more wire to the bare wires you are left with, then reconnect the original plug onto the end of the new extended wires? Then it would be like before but longer.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah that's what i'll do. because i want to still use the original plug/socket the standards use. But what kind of wire is it i mean, sorry

·
Registered
497 Posts
I ain't sure on the wire, as long as it's the same thickness or thicker I imagine it wouldn't matter. I don't think the headlights would use any special type of wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts