All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they're all similar to the F15's and F17's.

I know most of the petrol models came with the F13CR and my diesel runs an F13WR.

I've got the chance of another F13WR from a 1996 Astra diesel. The benefit would be it has a lower final drive than mines, so even longer gear ratios = better fuel on the motorway, which is most of my driving. + my gearbox is getting a little noisy.

Questions...

Is there any chance that the inner CV's would need to be changed, or are they all the same on the F13's diesel and petrol?

The speed pick up on my Corsa is electronic driven, and the gearbox currently has the mechanical type fitted. Is there any reason why these couldn't be interchanged?

Any other problems likely? Such as flywheel, starter motor, clutch or mounts?

I'd assume ideally it's just a straight swap, but assuming things usually bites me in the arse.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Better fuel economy from changing the gearbox? Watching this thread...

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
I know they're all similar to the F15's and F17's.

I know most of the petrol models came with the F13CR and my diesel runs an F13WR.

I've got the chance of another F13WR from a 1996 Astra diesel. The benefit would be it has a lower final drive than mines, so even longer gear ratios = better fuel on the motorway, which is most of my driving. + my gearbox is getting a little noisy.
you'll prob find its the same ratio....
Questions...

Is there any chance that the inner CV's would need to be changed, or are they all the same on the F13's diesel and petrol?
same c.v's
The speed pick up on my Corsa is electronic driven, and the gearbox currently has the mechanical type fitted. Is there any reason why these couldn't be interchanged?
to do this you need to remove the diff, and swap yours into it. not hard but not a 10 min thing...
Any other problems likely? Such as flywheel, starter motor, clutch or mounts?

I'd assume ideally it's just a straight swap, but assuming things usually bites me in the arse.
rest bolts up mate.

Reactions: Hardcore

·
Banned
139 Posts
Has anyone ever used a diesel box on a petrol before? Wondering if that would just be a straight swap as well. I don't know what box is on the Isuzu 1.7td's but it's not a straight swap like for like to the Isuzu 1.5td in a Corsa. Different flywheel, inner cv, rear mount and starter
Never heard of it being done on a corsa but its a common mod on saxos so id assume it can be done

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Never heard of it being done on a corsa but its a common mod on saxos so id assume it can be done
how is a saxo relevant to a corsa? :palm:

ive heard of a derv cav with a petrol box....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts