All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone no which gear box is better in terms of accelaration an top speed ect if there both in a 20xe iv got an f16.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wounder what it would top out at with an f20 coz iv had 140 out of mine.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
f16 usually tops out about 140 on vauxhall clocks but to what is in real life i dunno, f20s better i use one and can get the standard 130mph clocks right off them with plenty of revs left but there miles off you need gps to get a proper figure of a top speed run on a rolling road

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
that it top end? id want a bit more from it to be fair, get shot of the f16s its restrictive at top end get in the f20 its a real man gearbox

d

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
my sat nav told me i was doing 194, problem was it was a 30 limit so i applied the brakes,speedo must have been wrong as it read just 40!

morale of the story = gps not accurate!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that it top end? id want a bit more from it to be fair, get shot of the f16s its restrictive at top end get in the f20 its a real man gearbox

d
no it still had more init duno how much but thats as fast as his car would go.il have to have a look see what the difference in the ratios are.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
waht silly figure did it say on the clocks when you were doing this? problem with the corsa clocks is well except the fact there crap there just not that accurate when you fit the xe mines goes off the clock at 140 with tons of revs left but to be honest that could men anything

d

·
Registered
11 Posts
the f20 gearbox is a 5 speed gearbox with longer gears.
F16 is a 5 speed box with shorter gears for acceleration

I got a 1600 16v turbo corsa producing 275nhp on the wheels, i decided to go with a f18 gearbox which has longer gears than the f16 but shorter than the f20, and i had a f20 diff stuck in the box.
So i have the shorter gears of the f18 but the better top end of a f20.

f18 is rated for a true speed of 205km/h at a rev limter of 6800 and the f20 is good for 225km/h true speed at the same limiter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts