excessive chassis corrosion
seatbelt anchor corrosion
lower ball joint
track rod end
rear spring loading valve thing
that all (i think)

cost £450-£500 at the garage

but got my mate to do it along with other stuff for £300 still a lot tho

it is gutting when your car fails the mot so i know what you feel like lyds but hopefully itl all be back to normal for the both of us soon! :)

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive just taken mine down to get fixed it failed on saturday with the following

excessive chassis corrosion
seatbelt anchor corrosion
lower ball joint
track rod end
rear spring loading valve thing
that all (i think)

cost £450-£500 at the garage

but got my mate to do it along with other stuff for £300 still a lot tho

it is gutting when your car fails the mot so i know what you feel like lyds but hopefully itl all be back to normal for the both of us soon! :)
Oh no £400 - £500, i thought £200 was bad for mine. :( Sorry mate. :(

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well mine was about £260 to get through last time so don't worry too much.

I just replaced my rear wheel bearings, it was a ****ing nightmare, but wasn't that hard if that makes any sence :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
MOT's are just a p*** take....what might fail at one garage, can be taken to another garage and they'll pass it, which a friend of mine had proven the once, theres just no contingency.

be interesting to see if the government goes ahead with their idea of banning all cars over 10 years old though....

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MOT's are just a p*** take....what might fail at one garage, can be taken to another garage and they'll pass it, which a friend of mine had proven the once, theres just no contingency.

be interesting to see if the government goes ahead with their idea of banning all cars over 10 years old though....
Banning cars over 10 years old :shocked: What about classic car lovers etc? The Government suck

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well mine was about £260 to get through last time so don't worry too much.

I just replaced my rear wheel bearings, it was a ****ing nightmare, but wasn't that hard if that makes any sence :)
I suppose I can't grumble too much, could've been worse. Just realised I gotta let the garage know where the locking wheel but socket is - o the stress :(

·
Registered
713 Posts
Banning cars over 10 years old :shocked: What about classic car lovers etc? The Government suck
the reason behind it is so called "safety" reasons....meaning a car over 10 years old wouldnt be classed as "safe" to be driven on UK roads and would have to be either towed or trailered anywhere it went....bloody stupid if you ask me.

a 10 year old (or older) car will still do pretty much the same amount of damage as a brand new car to something (or someone) it hits, only major difference really is the occupant's safety, but if everyone drove the way the government wants us to then the number of crashes would be reduced etc etc so its a stupid ruling if it comes into force.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
be fine mate, lyds corsa just had enough of her haha only joking :)

once its sorted you'll be happy :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts