All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday 5th April the Falkirk Cruise took place again. These cruises take place once a month and are well known for being busy and full of action although they are equally as well know for having a high police presense.

The cruise takes place on the first Thursday of every month at the Falkirk Wheel Car Park which is a large tourist attraction although police usually shut this car park and then everyone moves onto the retail park.

We arrived at the Wheel car park at approximately 8.30pm and already the police had the entrance to the car park blocked off and were not letting anyone in.

After a quick drive through the town we approached the retail park and from afar it was plain to see how busy it was. Cars were qued back round the round about. After following the slow moving traffic we arrived in the main car parks where vosa and traffic police were in attendance. Luckily being in a fairly standard car we got waved on through without any hassle.

So we parked up and unpacked the tripod and camera gear and walked over to where Vosa and the traffic police were and started taking pictures as this is where the cars seemed to be going slowest. In the time we stood there we saw many people getting harassed for such trivial offences as tints and number plate sizing.

There seemed to be a good variety of cars from out and out show cars to classic rs turbos and rally ****s. One bonus of the large police attendance was it prevented some of the idiots performing there usual burn outs, wheel spins and handbrake turns.

Everyone including us started to leave around 11pm. It seemed the good weather and holiday for most the next day brought the modified cars out by the hundred. This seems to be the proper start to the summer and if this cruise was anything to go by then 2007 looks to be one of the best show seasons yet.

Wee quick note, if you are at an event at night and there is someone taking pics could you turn your lights down to sidelights.;)

M.

Car Park one shut:(

Civic Type R

Civic Sport

Tidy Corsa

Megane

Not bad for a police car.

There was a high police precense at the cruise:

Evo

Calibra Turbo

Scooby

Disco Espace,

Vosa Inspecting the disco espace

Clio

Pedal Power:

Corsa

FTO

Clio:

Evo:

Fiesta ST

Saxo

MG ZR

The talent

Lovely polo that is also for sale;)

106 Rallye

Very tidy almera gti

MG ZR

Integra:cool:

Scooby

Civic Sport

More girls

Mini and Civic

Stunning wee corsa, was moving so couldnt get a good pic, Rhini from corsasport?

Corsa:

Saxo

TT

It would be rude not to:

Skyline:

Scooby

Corsa

Driver an passenger of the corsa

Battered Corsa

Bora on Chromed Merc rims:

Lenny the Lexus

In town after the cruise:

Lambo Door'ed RX8

Yes we will move on Officer

M.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alot of really good pics there mark!

Are you 1 of our official article writers then cos that was a good read :thumbs_up:
no but thats lee's decision, theres a cruise on this saturday so ill bring my camera and do a wee report on that, and theres a vauxhall meet on the 22nd so if i can get to that ill do a report on that aswell.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
:laugh: at pushbike!

Some very nice cars there. I don't think there's anything like that local to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
no but thats lee's decision, theres a cruise on this saturday so ill bring my camera and do a wee report on that, and theres a vauxhall meet on the 22nd so if i can get to that ill do a report on that aswell.
Good pics, think u should be an official writer too! Wheres the cruise on sat? And wheres the vauxhall meet?

·
Registered
801 Posts
:laugh: at pushbike!

Some very nice cars there. I don't think there's anything like that local to me.
Sunday 15th April - Hessle Viewpoint... About 50/60 Japcars are looking to turn up down there ;)

I might be going (I think, not 100%), if you want - Could pick you up Lee?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sunday 15th April - Hessle Viewpoint... About 50/60 Japcars are looking to turn up down there ;)

I might be going (I think, not 100%), if you want - Could pick you up Lee?
It's my nephews birthday Stuart. Me and the missus are thinking of taking him to Pontins to see Barney! :eek:

Cheers for the offer though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
good pics and read mark, well done mate :thumbs_up:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts