All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i get a new one from for corsa b 1997? and is it easy to fit any descriptions cheers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
any good motoshop mte, even halfrod sell them.

normally fairly easy to fit, depends on whether you have power steering etc.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Technically its not actually called a fan belt, more often an auxiliary or alternator belt, as modern cars have their fans powered by electric motors, ;) thought id just mention that :) also like rocker covers, most modern cars have overhead cams therefore its a cam cover :D

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
lol, if you have some sort of mechanic back ground then its piss but if not i would take it to a garage oh and anywhere but HALFORDS!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Well if it's just the straight forward alternator belt it can be done in a few seconds.

**Disclaimer**
I am not responsible for any damage caused to person or vehicle due to following the directions given.

Cut your old belt off, Hook the new belt over the alternator, then as far over the other pulley as you can. Then give a quick flick of the iginition. Job done.

May I just state this was taught to me by an ex Vauxhall mechanic who was then my tutor when I was at college doing mechanics.

I have used this method many a time but only on the older 8v. It isn't possible on the 16v or with powersteering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts