All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have some symptoms and also some fault codes from my dash.
Getting codes 0115, 0340 and 0335 in that order. also had engine flood once when trying to start on colad morning. replaced coolant sensor on advice. seemed to sort the problem then coming of motorway when braking engine cut out twice. after 1st time engine emmisions warning light came on. i checked the plug for the new coolant sensor, looked ok. Now the day after the engine management light is on which is where I got the codes from. My fan is also continuing to run after the engine is turned off, having to unplug to stop it running. I am thinking to go for the crankshaft sensor based on other threads I have seen but any help would be appreciated. Ta

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Firstly it would be an enormous help if you told us the following:

The year & model you are talking about, and what engine it has.

Also be helpful to know its service history. Otherwise we're taking blind guesses.

I doubt those codes are 100% reliable - to get coolant circuit failure, crankshaft sensor and failure and camshaft position sensor failure simultaneously would be strange.

Depending on the year/model/engine (which we don't know) some of these codes could be old ones.

Tell us the car's details, then we'll know the score re. clearing old codes, and be better able to offer advice what to do next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks, fair points. Its a 1.2SXI 16v 2003 model. I have had the car for 5 years and the full service history prior to that. Up to press there have only been mechanical repairs, nothing electrical. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
In which case the ecu will store all codes until they are manually deleted using a reader system. It's cheaper to buy your own reader (I use OpCom which runs off a laptop - or you can buy stand-alone readers). The price of a reader is less than a garage will charge and then you've got the reader for future use.

Clear the codes, then see which one comes back.

On that year it would be worth checking the ecu connections haven't got damp into them - inspect and spray with WD40.

If the crankshaft sensor fails you tend to get random cutting out once warm, and then they won't start until it's cooled down a bit. Sometimes just cleaning the end of the sensor does the trick. Also check on the new CTS you fitted the state of the wiring connector - if they corrode you get poor connection and the new CTS won't work properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, will follow your adivce and see how I get on, a reader makes sense for future use. Will be back with results

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a reader, showing 2x 0335, so have replaced the crankshaft sensor. Mainly as I'd got one ordered. However will take note of the clearing codes and seeing what comes back if there is any more issues. Thanks for the guidance...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes when i took the old one out there was some corrosion on the tip, just been to work on motorway and no engine cutting out so am happy to have sorted it out without a trip to the garage....thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts