All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill probably get told off for this but her

how is a pretty much standard corsa classed as a feature car?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's not standard. It's had a full respray, has numerous little touches, has a transplanted 1.6 engine in, and is awaiting being lowered among other things. Pics and spec will be updated as it is done.

Sky himself would've prefered to wait until it was featured but I chose to feature it early due to the lack of current choice.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I would say its because it has had a lot of work done if you look at the engine and exterior, and to be honest is a nice looking corsa. Plus it also shows peoples future planned mods aswell.

·
Banned
521 Posts
It is far from standard. My ****box is standard. His has had a full respray amoungst other things. It is a very nice subtle little car.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Car Details

Engine: 1.6 8v (C16SE)
Drilled Air box
Peco backbox
TSW Limit 15"

Semi-Smooth Hatch
Blue Side Repeaters
De-Locked Colour Coded Doorhandles
De-Badged Grill
Post '97 Front Bumper
GSi Style Colourcoding

Maybe not incredably huge mods but its the first and only car on here with a semi smooth boot (only one ive seen) and stands out from the crowd :thumbs_up:

If yours offers more then hopefully febuary will be your month ;)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I understand why the subject was mentioned as compared to some cars Sky's doesn't stand out as much, but the whole point of a feature is when a car is worthy of it because of the work put in and the result at the end.

Sky's car has had an awful lot of work put into it, and it's mods are subtle, plus there is more in the pipeline.

I'm sure we will have plenty more extravagant cars along with lots more subtle cars that will be featured in the future.

·
Registered
585 Posts
She's not finished yet and you obviously haven't seen the before and after pics. She's not only had a post 97 front bumper either...the bonnet, doors and hatchback are all from a post 97 Corsa. She's had an awful lot of work done to her as Lee has already mentioned.

Wednesday she's getting treated to a 40mm full suspension replacement, front and rear strut braces. I'm also sealing the Depo lights since they have a bad reputation for condensation. Plus, putting a front splitter back on, looks a bit bare without it.

There's not much extra I really want to do to her bar maybe a Magnex oval backbox but I may even tailor my Peco so it sits out straight.

Just because it isn't a Max Power showcase, doesn't mean she hasn't been modded.

EDIT: Damn, nearly forgot, I ordered my 2.0L Vauxhall front calipers from novarob and expecting them this week sometime. So she's having 256mm front brake conversion also in the not too distant future.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
agreed that sky's car definitely deserved to be featured, we are still a growing site and may not have members cars to feature every month upto the same standard as corsa sport for example, but we have some members with lovely cars.

the feature isn't just about how a car looks, it's all about the time and effort that's been put in, any engine work, any mods no matter how big or small they may be that improve the look or performance of the car.

i believe that sky's car is an example of a corsa that has had time, effort and money spent on it by a dedicated owner and it's evident in the car itself.

so yeh, feature fully deserved, any more queries like this with regards to feature cars, why a particular car was chosen or any thing related please pm admin/mods rather than posting it in the forums

cheers

mark

·
Registered
585 Posts
any more queries like this with regards to feature cars, why a particular car was chosen or any thing related please pm admin/mods rather than posting it in the forums
To be totally honest, it does seem as though the decision is being contested :confused: Some comments have disappointed me whilst others I have a lot of respect for.

I am happy to receive constructive criticism but a tad cheesed off that this post emerged.

The money I've spent, the time and effort I've put in gives me a great sense of pride and achievement. It may not be to everyones taste; good! It's my car and it looks how I want it to look ;)

She has been brought back from the brink.....

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sky can you do me a favour and post a 'before' pic just so everyone can see how much it has changed.
I have personally already seen and so appreciate the amount of time/effort gone into it but I'm sure it would allow some users the chance to see for themselves.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i think he already has posted a before pic in another thread, and if its the one im thinking of it was ****ed when he got it, so he has done a lot.

and it shows that feature cars dont have to have gay bits of fibreglass and stuff, its had an engine upgrade, and it still looks subtle, i actually really like it, just wants lowering now ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts