All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eye on a couple of Starlet GT's now, got the cash ready to pay for 1 or the other. Only problem I'm having is insurance, I've been on the TOC forums and some people with GT's there are saying Adrian Flux have quoted them this that and the other - I've rang AF - won't insure me as I'm under 25. Anyone on here know some people(s) with imports that have decent insurance?
Cheapest I've had so far is £1489.95 and thats with a company called Express.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I can't believe AF won't insure you. They deal with all types of medded cars don't they, regardless of age?
Have you tried www.ecarinsurance.co.uk?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My old man rung AF up and they said that becuase I was under 25 they wouldn't insure me on an import. I'll check that website - I'm still awaiting replies from Bell Direct and Zurich.
Express insurance still seems to be the cheapest though, although apparently I can get 10% knocked off the premium when I get the CAT 1 fitted (another £400??) I have sitting next to me :)

Ecar can't complete the online quote due to Driver(s) age - Another phone call.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lee you know any import centres local? Only one that has come up decent was Jap Performance over in Bradford.
I heard there was one in York? And not to goto Keighley Trade Centre as they have some dodgy imports there.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not any around here that I know of. You'd think there would be with Hull having docks and apparently being a big port but nope not any that I know of.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've had my eye on a couple of Starlet GT's now, got the cash ready to pay for 1 or the other. Only problem I'm having is insurance, I've been on the TOC forums and some people with GT's there are saying Adrian Flux have quoted them this that and the other - I've rang AF - won't insure me as I'm under 25. Anyone on here know some people(s) with imports that have decent insurance?
Cheapest I've had so far is £1489.95 and thats with a company called Express.
Carnt wait to get cheaper insurance id be happy with that, im payin 1750 for a sport 1.4 and to make it worse thats only 3rd party

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
im having real trouble as well :mad: although £1489 is pretty good! id say im payin 200 less than that for a crappy 1.2 corsa. as soon as enter the word import or GT turbo, KA BOOM! ***ody will touch me with a barge pole, so i dont know what im going to do...

swearin filter is a bit over kill
***ody
n.o.body
lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
swearin filter is a bit over kill
***ody
n.o.body
lol
Yeah sorry lol, I'll try and sort it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had my quotes come through on e-mail, cheapest I've got now is £1099 :D - Pictures of the car coming tomorrow, has to go back into bodyshop has front/rear bumper had some scuffs when on the ship over. Fingers crossed everything goes well, I shall be collecting it 28th :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts