All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember the dodgey fibreglass body of the calibra? it cracks with age and the smallest stone hitting it ?

Do you reckon it is worth spending £££ on a debadged fibreglass boot ? it does strip alot of weight but if it cracks after a week of having it wont be to happy:( ?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Calibras were fibreglass?

And are you asking about a corsa boot?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i cant see what your on about? debaged fibreglass boot? why? just get a plate welded over the recess :S confussed me

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Bloodyhell mark mate bit harsh like.lol

·
Banned
521 Posts
standard calibra's are not made of fibreglass and no adding a fibreglass boot will not add 15bhp etc, only worth it if your stripping the whole interior out an adding perspex windows etc.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Come on you lot, try not to rag people before they have chance to explain properly :eek: .

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
He probably won't now.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Take it easy guys, a couple of slightly harsh posts there before the user even had a chance to reply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yer what i meant was is it worth gettin a fibre glass boot to save weight because i have been told they tend to crack easily. sorry for upsetting so many people :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
yer what i meant was is it worth gettin a fibre glass boot to save weight because i have been told they tend to crack easily. sorry for upsetting so many people :confused:
Take no notice, there's been a few dodgy threads in the past.

Did you mean on a corsa then or on a calibra?

I'm not sure whole boot remoulds in fiberglass crack but I know smooth boot panels in fiberglass crack around the edge where they are bonded on.
It's really not worth swapping a standard boot over to a fiberglass one unless you are hoping to do rallying or similar in it, in which case all removable panels would probably be swapped with fiberglass ones to save weight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Theres a calibra auto sitting outside mates house with fibreglass bumpers :S its not modified. thought they were soz

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Theres a calibra auto sitting outside mates house with fibreglass bumpers :S its not modified. thought they were soz
They may just be replacement bumpers. You can get fiberglass versions of standard corsa bumpers.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
we luv you really :thumbs_up:

as to your question, dont thinks its worth it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts