All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alas....my poor corsa engine has finally waved its white flag and has given up on its life. one of its many problems has finally killed it, wasnt the damaged piston rings allowing oil into the cylinders that did it, which me and my mate thought was going to do so, (proving how tough the little 1.2 8valve engines are), but it was one of its many wiring faults in the loom caused it to short circuit, blowing the ECU and also melting a few wires and setting the engine bay on fire, thus destroying practically every cable/wire inside the engine bay, as far as im aware the engine block remains unscathed as i think i saved it from burning out the entire car, can possibly be repaired by replacing the entire wiring loom and ECU...just something i dont have the time or money in doing, besides which its no longer my car.

my mate who owns it now, might be looking into replacing the engine with a 1.6 cavalier engine or he's tempted to get one from a mark 2 astra gte and drop that into it....will keep those who are interested up to date if they would like.

now im driving round in this, my new "workhorse" and "plaything", not to many of your's likes as was discovered in a previous thread of mine, but i cant grumble seeing as i had it as a swap for the dead corsa.

P.S. ....anyone know where i can get hold of a centre badge of "Fox Racing" for the rear drivers side wheel? some little scrote stole one when they stole my dustcaps when they were on the corsa

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only thing is with ringing fox themselves is ive noticed that on the new evo 3 wheels (which mine are) theyve changed the logo on it grrr, but have to admit, i didnt think about phoning them up lol.

cheers Rich, its not a bad car but it feels like its got loads of power compared to the corsa lol, not quite adjusted to the steering on it yet tho its substantially lighter than the corsa.....in ways its better being lighter and in ways its not :s lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
i dnt care who kanes clios they rock nothing will beat my 1.8 16v its animal on the road and cing as corsa is off the road it will have 2 do lol

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
define 'beat'. i beat an evo 8 the other day... but simply because he didnt have the balls to overtake through the twistie bits where it actually needed driving skil rather then power :)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
i dnt care who kanes clios they rock nothing will beat my 1.8 16v its animal on the road and cing as corsa is off the road it will have 2 do lol
No text talk please :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts