Registered
24,002 Posts
Flux are shit with standard cars.
This is well
Known

·
Registered
305 Posts
I didn't have a £3,000 budget but if I did I would've probably spent more of it on my first years insurance (to pay up front) and save a fortune over paying monthly. Can pickup a decent Corsa I feel for less than a £1,000 - Mine was £675. I just got what I could at the time but I suggest if its your first car picking the car to the best insurance quote you can get for it. Cant go wrong with a 1.0 Corsa but everything from where you park, to what fuel it takes effects premium and you can only buy what's actually for sale so look around on what's available and :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I didn't have a £3,000 budget but if I did I would've probably spent more of it on my first years insurance (to pay up front) and save a fortune over paying monthly. Can pickup a decent Corsa I feel for less than a £1,000 - Mine was £675. I just got what I could at the time but I suggest if its your first car picking the car to the best insurance quote you can get for it. Cant go wrong with a 1.0 Corsa but everything from where you park, to what fuel it takes effects premium and you can only buy what's actually for sale so look around on what's available and :)
Can't go wrong with 1.0 corsa? This isn't actually true. ( Maybe for you but not all )

In the boy racer age you can insure a megane coupe sport 1.6 for less than 1.0 corsa.
Corsa is such a low insurance group yet in that age they really want to spank you.

I spent weeks getting quotes. 3K was the cheapest. In the end bought megane coupe sport and paid insurance for less than the 3K for just insurance.

I found B's to be better to insure than a C.

As for insurance now i have my own rule.

Do not buy a car and then try to insure it.

Get quotes for some cars i'm interested in, Then go from there.

@OP i advise you to get some quotes on some b's/c's and report back with what model and such for advise. Rather than buying one and realizing you can't afford the premium.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.