All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum for a long time now and it has been gud help so cheers, helped me alot with speaker positioning and wiring etc but i decide today to spray my centre console and have had some problems getting it off i have removed everything all the clips etc wires except the hazard warning light one ,and it is reli starting to annoy me i have removed the switch and the slide out bit inside but cannot remove the actual wire !! i can see two little bits of plastic that look like there stoppign the wire form sliding down vertically but i cannot get them to budge anyone any ideas ???

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I didn't know there was a wire to remove when removing the centre console?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cable going into the back of the hazard warning light ? unless i dont need to remove it, i cant get it out ? it looks like it slides vertically

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
From what I know there is the hazard light switch, then a cube like block under that, and that's it, nothing else needs to come out.

Have you took the screws out from behind the vents?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to do it now yeh but there is a big cable going into the back of that plug behind the switch i had ot press two little clips down and it slid downwards.Thanks for replying, anyway i can get the rest of the parts of now and uses clutches guide to spray this afternoon

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Glad you managed to get it out Cal

I did write in detail how to get it off but as i posted the site went down and i couldnt get back on...

So what are your plans for it now you have it out? Are you spraying it to match the car or silver like mine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my cars red and new headunit etc are silver so thought id match in and go for silver laquerd.I noticed when removing the white plastic from behind the control panel that there were 3 led bulbs is it as symple as removing them and putting coloured ones in, say red ? or wud i need to put more in to have an effect ?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is exactly the look im going for but wiht red led's i started sanding a while ago with the 600 grade , any tips on what sort of affect im looking for of each sand ? i dnt reli know at what point to move onto the 1200 etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Proffesionally ! wheres the fun in that ive seen it actualy tis very helpful are ure Led's wired into anything then or are they permentaly on ? and if they are wired do you know how difficult it is to do ?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Proffesionally ! wheres the fun in that ive seen it actualy tis very helpful are ure Led's wired into anything then or are they permentaly on ? and if they are wired do you know how difficult it is to do ?
They are soldered to one of the original bulb holders. And if you have a soldering iron its not difficult at all :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do have a soldering iron but i can imagine that solding all those Led's and getting them to work when i want them to cum is goin to be difficult the back layout on ure pic is alot different to mine aswell im guessin mines an older model (97) may just replace old bulbs with new ones keep it simple.Ill probably change my mind l8er but o well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol actualy nm it is the same confused me with all those leds on urs ! right im gonna have a go first things first need to sand down some parts mite light up the garage and finish ready for primering tommorow

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
lol actualy nm it is the same confused me with all those leds on urs ! right im gonna have a go first things first need to sand down some parts mite light up the garage and finish ready for primering tommorow
Take your time dont rush it, better preparation better finish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts