All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
ABS removed
Power steering removed
Low mileage 1.7td fitted with Frontera FMIC and 1.5td turbocharger @ 1.1 bar boost. Approx 105bhp and very little lag. Lots of torque
f18wide ratio box from early Vectra 1.7td
Gaz coilovers
Fully polybushed
Quickshift
Braided brake lines
Mint set of Calibra heated leathers.
2 litre brakes with brembo discs & pads

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ground up rebuild. Mainly to learn. (if I had a 1.6 16v)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wossner pistons and rods, newman high lift cams, finish off carb conversion, uprated fuel pump and a very good map and hope for 160bhp out of my 1.4 16v

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Respray

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
chinese turbo, chinese manifold, megasquirt, chinese i.c, nitrous kit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Garrett turbo mate, costs a fair bit
Ahh i see.. Not sure whether there's any point in turboing a 1.4 8v lol definitely wouldn't be able to pay the insurance on that lol..

Atm im just thinking of putting on a spoiler, lowering and,upgrading my wheels to 14" from 13" and seeing how it goes..

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
dont get 14" lol, just as bad as 13, get 15's they are the best size on a corsa!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Ahh i see.. Not sure whether there's any point in turboing a 1.4 8v lol definitely wouldn't be able to pay the insurance on that lol..

Atm im just thinking of putting on a spoiler, lowering and,upgrading my wheels to 14" from 13" and seeing how it goes..
I know pal but you did ask what I'd do lol I havent seen your car but for 2k I would a few things:
Lower it on some nice wheels
Tint windows
Deflectors
Nice headlights with xenons
Some nice seats in it
Spray interior parts
Nice headliner
Decent exhaust
I could go on and on lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha fair play l i did indeed lol.. Are you sure 15's wouldn't be to big?

For seats in looking at either some buckets front with tigra leathers on the back or for now i may just do tigra leathers all round.

I am looking to replace the headlights just not sure what with as i don't know my car that well so don't know what will fit and look good at the same time.

And i definitely need new interior/headliner just not sure how id go about doing that or whether there's shops that do it for a reasonable price.
Also looking to upgrade my dash with a center console down by the handbrake because as it is at the moment its just floor lol

·
Registered
684 Posts
I run 16's with 60mm lows on the rear and 50mm lows on the front and never have any problems.

If you have 2k and want to have some fun, coilovers, 15's and consider running bike carbs

Edit: also consider the 256mm or 288mm brake upgrade kits and uprated anti-roll bars, Arb's were the best handling mod to my car, made a massive difference

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
15s as said are the best size I've seen 17s even 18s on corsas before and they ate far too big 16s would be the biggest you would want to go ideally, angel headlights or morettes are the best as for seats corsa c half leathers are pretty nice and for the headliner I'm sure places will retrim it for you or you can do it yourself plenty of other people have done, have a look on Google images or on here at peoples corsas and see what stuff you like

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So 15's it is.. Not sure how much id be able to lower it lol im gonna guestimate 50mm all round maybe 60mm on the rear.

I was thinking for the tigra full leather conversion but ill check out the half leathers.
Ill shop around or see if i can find a tutorial for the trim..

Any ideas on extending the dash/centre console out to the handbrake/seats? I was just wondering if this has been done before and if so how id go about doing that as well.

·
Registered
684 Posts
With 15's and say a 45 tire profile you could slam it to around 100mm if not a little more on the rear and 80mm on the front with no worries.

Had some cut springs on mine and with 16's was around 70mm low on the front with no problem, i can get away with 80/90mm lows on the rear as well but I had to be careful of potholes ect then.

Can always look at calibra leathers as well, plenty of sets go on eBay ect and not many adjustments needed for fitting.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet fair play well ill i gotta get the wheels first looking at getting some low profile tyres but not entirely sure whether that would be a good idea or not.. Once i get that sorted ill look into lowering, I don't want it completely slammed but yeah lol

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Im selling some cheap 15's :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts