All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted my HID kit into my standard tinted headlights.

Had to modify the standard bulb holder so that the H7 HID bulbs fitted them properly.

See the difference

Standard

8000K HID

Its a nice clear light. Looks slightly bluer in real life though

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks much better. What is all the comotion about HID failing your MOT?
People speculating i think, and coz if fitted new they have to have washers and self leveling...but mine and Lee's cars have been through 2 MOT's and a police check with no problems. I dont know of any one thats had problems actually, but it is important to make sure your lights are aligned properly, especially with these as they are so much brighter

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Looks much better. What is all the comotion about HID failing your MOT?
If HID lights arent in projection style headlights they emit light in to much of a scatter, this can be dangerous to other drivers. For this reason they need to be aligned correctly to pass an MOT.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
People speculating i think, and coz if fitted new they have to have washers and self leveling...but mine and Lee's cars have been through 2 MOT's and a police check with no problems. I dont know of any one thats had problems actually, but it is important to make sure your lights are aligned properly, especially with these as they are so much brighter
The self leveling and washers is on cars fitted with HID lights as standard IIRC.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Like I said I am not a 100% sure myself, it is a grey area. However here is a quote off a HID suppliers website
'According to EU legislation HID systems factory fitted from new require a self levelling system and a lens washer to be fitted. However this is not specified for aftermarket kits. Our kits have passed all safety and emmissions tests and produce the correct light pattern. We know they will pass an MOT (original bulbs can be reinstalled in minutes if required without uninstalling the HID system). We are not aware of any legality issues in terms of the police. However this issue is a grey one with lots of confusion so until we can obtain official written proof either way, we must sell these for off road and display systems only.'
Source

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So......does ANYone actually know someone thats been told by police that they are illigal!?

I'd love to know what started this whole 'HID's illegal' crap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
best bet, call up a MOT garage and ask
Ours and all my friends that have them have been through MOT's no problem, (ours for 2 MOT's each i think) not even a mention, apart from 'what lovely lights' :laugh: and when stopped by police for other reasons they've said nothing...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
224 Posts
its probably the case of if its, not standard so they dont like it, they allways stop people from having fun. hey but thats just my opinion dont want to start an arguement over technicalities.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
its probably the case of if its, not standard so they dont like it, they allways stop people from having fun. hey but thats just my opinion dont want to start an arguement over technicalities.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
well that is an interesting theory, probably why we aint allowed sunstrip that take up half the window :shocked:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts