All Corsa Forum banner

Fitted some new alloys

923 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  aztec daz 
#1 · (Edited)
After leaning on me for a few months, I got some alloys for daughters Corsa, they were Ripspeed 15" ones with 185/50s on them IIRC.

The only problem is that the rear wheels rub the arches over bumps with a 4 people in it :rolleyes: , Anyway, here is a pic.

See less See more
#3 ·
um, dunno, Ripspeed somethings :confused: . After doing the grand tour, I picked them up from Halfords for £280 including the tyres (end of line). With the rear arches rubbing, I'm unlikely to do anything to the back end (unless it is just a rivet I can shave ( I was wondering whether to get the wheels offset machined maybe 5mm to bring it closer to 49mm , but I might see if I can lower the front a bit (maybe 40mm)

#5 ·
You can remove material on the inside wall of the plastic arches as they are quite chunky, if the offset is that far out then it might be worth getting them machined. I dont know how much you would be charged though.

#6 · (Edited)
20 B&H :laugh:

I work for a toolmaking company ;)

I actually trained as a centre lathe turner, but I've not run one of the machines for 20 years now, so its easier to get someone else to do it.

Its still agro though, as I'd have to get the tyres removed, so it would be a last resort.

#14 ·
looks very nice mate, as everyone said, trim the arch liner and mibby take an angle grinder to the pannel under the arch, machined offset would be a last resort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.