All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have recently bought a 1995 N reg Corsa, just a little run around that only cost me £150. The problem is I have a sat nav which I use quite often and is powered using the cigarette lighter. However my car conveniently doesn't have one lol. The car also didn't have an ashtray but I got one from the scrappers off the same model, the ashtray has a lighter slot, but I cant see any wiring. How hard is it to fit a cigarette lighter, and where does it wire up to????

·
Registered
21 Posts
have a look in the wiring for some loose cables, they might be behind cd/radio. you might have better chance looking if you look from under the dash on the passenger side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it definite the wiring will be there? Because if the car wasn't built with a lighter, would they have put the wiring in just incase?

·
Registered
97 Posts
ive got a merit model and its got an mfd, i need to do my cig lighter too, i need to know which wires it is behind the stereo, i cant really see any spare wires, everything is tucked up in the loom

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a sting, and i didnt have a cig lighter, had it wired up to stereo but it stopped working lol!

Where else can i wire it to :( cant see no spare wiring :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put some speaker wire from by battery to the cig lighter, then earhed it. Works a treat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I have recently bought a 1995 N reg Corsa, just a little run around that only cost me £150. The problem is I have a sat nav which I use quite often and is powered using the cigarette lighter. However my car conveniently doesn't have one lol. The car also didn't have an ashtray but I got one from the scrappers off the same model, the ashtray has a lighter slot, but I cant see any wiring. How hard is it to fit a cigarette lighter, and where does it wire up to????
Hi I do have the same Problem. I did check wiring and everythign but couldn't find any loose wire or anything. If anyone can help me:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
the wires are not loose, they are on the loom directly behind the ashtray unit, but they are taped up, if you feel them out rather than look for them u will be able to find them, take out the ashtray unit and the stereo to give you as much room to move as possible

·
Registered
51 Posts
Okay i have the same problem but i fitted one with 2 wires one running from the batt and earthed it now lol when i plug in my sat nav charger ut blows the charger up!?!!? whats going on? lol

confusing or what. the cigg lighter works fine but wont work on any thing that you stick in it either sets it on fire! well smokes it or blows a fuse in the charger/anything else i have any suggestions?
cheers

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
my dad fitted a lighter in mine last week and first cut it into the wiring behind the stereo but it wouldn't work, so it got wired into the wires that come out from under steering wheel.

Corsa's are not very generous with the wiring and it is a bit fiddly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
okay ill post pictureson how i did it very easy used a 15 fuse to stop it from blowing things up hehe :D think 30 n 25 was way to high :D :D now my sat nav chargers hehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts