All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joanne is planning on buying a gsi spoiler for the corsa when she gets paid so I have a few questions?

1) Is it best to buy one that has been on a corsa or does it not matter?
2) Is it essential to get the mounting plate for it?
3) What are the various ways to mount it to the car and if there is no mounting plate how would you do it?
4) Gonna be ringing a few bodyshops possibly next week to get a price for spraying but what is an average price?
5) Is it easy enough to fit yourself (jo's step dad would probably do it)?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I would definately recommend getting a vauxhall made rear spoiler. Whatever you do be aware of copies, or cheap ones, they are usually a bit chunkier than genuine ones and so don't look quite right on the car.
Your best buying one off someone splitting a car so you can get all the correct mounting parts.

I'm sure you know but just incase you don't, the spoilers are on all specs of corsa's not specifically gsi's.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah get the real thing, mine is a replica, it doesnt sit perfectly but doesnt look to bad tbh. Mine is on with some hefty strong double sided tape!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea lee i know there not just on gsi's - just used to people calling them that lol. So if I get a genuine one from someone who is splitting a car and it didn't come with the mounting plate would I still be able to fit with something like tigerseal of like how corsaJ has?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah that would be fine mate:)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yep sure will, i think its the best mod to do to a corsa, thats cheap and sets the car off!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok got a few spoilers looked out now just need to work out if we can afford it plus paying her driving lessons this month. Couple more quick questions:

1) If it comes without the mounting plate would we be best to get it sprayed then fit it or fit it then spray it?

2) If it comes with mounting plate would we still be better spraying it then fitting it or fit it then spray it?

3) How do you fit it with the mounting plate?

Just wanna know exactly what to do before we buy one?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not done it myself but I would imagine it's just a case of lining it up.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
If doing it with out the mounting plate make sure it is center and lined up, you dont want it off want center.

·
Registered
696 Posts
its easily centres becasue theres a hole for you rear washer jet to poke thro :p and thats in the middle surprisingly

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If using tiger seal do I need to remove the bolts which are attached to the spoiler? at both the top and the bottom, where it should bolt or stick and the ends? Otherwise if they are not removed I huess you have to make holes in the bot lid!? Which i'd rather not do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts