1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm guessing you mean intake manifold?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I wouldn't have though it possible to fit a 1.6 intake onto a 1.2 engine.
Even if it was I wouldn't see what gains it would make.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm talking about the intake manifold, not the exhaust manifold.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so though as they are different.
Why not save up for a bigger engine? Say a 1.4 or 1.6 sport conversion. It's quite a simple engine conversion to do.
Changing manifolds and injectors on the 1.2 will have no possitive effect whatsoever tbh.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You will easily be able to get hold of a decent lowish miles sport engine. I got a 1.6 engine with 50,000 on for £250 a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Id let somebody else do it if i was you, im not tryin to affend you but u dont exactly sound the most mechanically minded, spi stands for single point injection by the way, not the trim level!!

You wont need a Gsi ECU as, well its not a Gsi but standard ECU would need looking at because of the new injectors etc. The manifolds may not fit because of thee size of the ports, but i dont know because iv never tried or seen somebody do it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The best way to learn is to do it. If you have a bit of background mechanical knowledge you would be able to do it. It may not be easy but it's possible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea cheers for the advice! fitted a few things my self and done work on car like takin center box out etc! im gona try fitting springs soon too! just need spring tightner !

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
yea cheers for the advice! fitted a few things my self and done work on car like takin center box out etc! im gona try fitting springs soon too! just need spring tightner !
You don't need a spring tightner at all. It's easy to do.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
well its recommend to use a spring clamp, but it can be done without one.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's so much easier and quicker to not use one though.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts