All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen you say on a another forum about fitting an amp to the one of the rear speakers, so making the rear speakers an RCA, what parts do you recommend for this?

Also out of these to amps which is better and are either of them good amp & amp?

·
Registered
447 Posts
best sub for what mate? running comps or a aub? what speakers are they also?

Yeah its possible to run an amp from the rear speaker wires.

You either need an amp that accepts a high level input, or a convertor that converts the signal to a low level out put so any amp can be used.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3794.html

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the thing I was looking for thanks.

Also I have about 150 for an amp and I am wanting to fit it to my two front speakers and tweeters and also to a sub. So what would anyone recommend?

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, if you rate it then I might go for it and it is a bit cheaper then what I was looking at. and well I aint got a sub yet. Probably will have a 100 to spend on sub. These are the speakers I have

·
Registered
447 Posts
maybe that amps a bit over kill then mate...

look for something about the 60wrms mark (@4ohm), you can go higher, and keep the gains down, but its a waste of power tbh..

·
Registered
447 Posts
:p

tbh, when running a 4 channel amp all channels are equal. so you need hi rated comps and a low sub, both about the samw wrms level.

this is why people prefre a mono AND a 2channel amp. this way you get more for your money. You could look at some 3 channel amps? they have 2 channels for comps, and then a mono channel which is powerful (higher than just a normal pair of bridged out puts) to run a sub.

although thiese are quite expensive. IIRC Audison do a 3channel at £229

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I havent really got that much, Basically have just got 150-170. Wouldnt buying a mono and a 2 channel be dearer or not? Also would running two strain the battery more?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts