All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After finding very little information online about fitting a cigarette lighter to a Corsa B, other than 'its easy', 'the wires should be there already' and, that the wires should be brown and black, i figured that i'd just go for it and try it lone wolf.

What a mistake haha

Heres the lighter i got off of ebay

Looks pretty basic. 2 pairs of connections, one for bulb and one for the heating element. How hard can it be?

Began taking the ashtray compartment out, and toook out the head unit to give me some more space. Was going well!.

Unfortunately, couldnt see any wires anywhere to use for the lighter. But figured they must be somewhere in the loom of wires at the back.

i then Noticed that its the same connection block set that my Head unit uses, However my head unit only uses the top 2 blocks, leaving one spare.

In the bottom (spare) block, there are several brown wires going into it, being un-used. Surely these must be the ones? found a pair adjacent to one another in the connection block... one brown/red, one brown/black. perfect? one live one earth, which is right.. yes?...

SO i snipped them short out of the block, stripped them...

Then extended them by connecting some spare speaker wires to them. (this is fine..yeah?). Connected them both ways round to the lighter...

[

Nothing :(

then tried just the bulb...

both ways again..

Nothing...

GAY

There were a few more browny wires into that 3rd block...

Any suggestions? :(

am i using the complete wrong wire?

i had a quick look by the fusebox under the steering wheel to see if i could follow those brown/red & brown/black wires, but couldnt see them

:(

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Is it just me or is it the same image over and over?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yeah them wires are both not grounded, you need a 12v+ and ground wires.

and wear socks dammit!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
No, they should be taped up in that loom.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
id get any old ignition wiref rom the car, join it to that, then earth it, jobs a good'en, thats what i did with my footwell neons
Means nothing to me m8. An old ignition wire? wheres them haha (noooobbb). so id attach 2 of those wires to the live connections, one on the lamp and one on the lighter?, then just put a wire to the frame of the car to earth the other connections?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Solid brown and solid black.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok thanks Demon. Im guessin the Brown is the live, and the black is the Earth. Do i need to split these wires into "2 brown" and "2 black" do power the bulb too?

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
id get any old ignition wiref rom the car, join it to that, then earth it, jobs a good'en, thats what i did with my footwell neons
ha thats what i did for my footwells and my cig lighter tapped it into my stereo all on one wire :S Lol! im sure its going to catch fire or something soon!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts