All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been browsing around seeing what speakers are good and what arent. ive found that the FLI integrator comps speakers showed up pretty well. as probably all of you know the window comes along way down inside the door actually passing the speaker whole. the GM speakers that come with it look as though they are mounted so the window wont collide with the rear of the speaker. i worried that if i buy these door speakers that they will stick back too far and not let me put my window all the way down. i have had a quick look but cant seem to find any mounting adapters allowing me to do this. anyone got any ideas. or suggestions on how they have done it. NOTE: its not essential that i get the FLI integrator comps. any help will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
Halfords do indeed sell the adaptors.

Best advice I can say is mesure the depth of your OEM's, then measure the FLi's.

·
Registered
197 Posts
not sure what model Corsa you have (b or c?) I bought some convertors for the rear speakers of my Corsa C from justkenwood but I guess you can get them from anywhere. If you have a Corsa C will you do a tutorial on changing the front speakers or even just a few pictures? THANKS

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure what model Corsa you have (b or c?) I bought some convertors for the rear speakers of my Corsa C from justkenwood but I guess you can get them from anywhere. If you have a Corsa C will you do a tutorial on changing the front speakers or even just a few pictures? THANKS
Ive got a corsa b
The speakers i want to get are as follows:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIBE-FLI-COMP...ryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the only problem is that the standard speakers have 3 screws making a triangle. and as you can see from the fli comps they have screwed in with 4 screws making a square ive been lookin for adapters but had no such luck. can someone help please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check those mounting depths...

Ive got a corsa b
The speakers i want to get are as follows:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIBE-FLI-COMP...ryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the only problem is that the standard speakers have 3 screws making a triangle. and as you can see from the fli comps they have screwed in with 4 screws making a square ive been lookin for adapters but had no such luck. can someone help please.
Hi, you've probably got this all sorted out by now but I recently hit the same issue. I've got a 1997 3-door Corsa and wanted to put a pair of Alpine SXE-1325S in. I got hold of Autoleads very good mounting kit SAK-3001 from Halfords (£14.99 but you can get them cheaper - fair play to Halfords, their Reserve and Collect service worked a treat).

I should have checked the mounting depth for the Alpines because the window *just* catches the left one if it goes all the way down, and it rattles when you close the door. I'll probably get the speaker out again, tidy up the connections and either check the alignment of the window guides or place a spacer between the Autoleads adaptor and the speaker - I reckon it only needs to come out 1 or 2 mm.

If anyone has an idea of how to pull the speaker out by a small amount but keep a good seal around it to maintain that nice, firm bass response I'd be glad (as a newbie) to hear from you. Cheers!

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Components

Hey all - First post here, so bear with me!! (Oh,and sorry for hijacking the thread but kind of exactly on topic!)

Had my mint 32k '98 Corsa B for 2 years now and felt that the standard door speakers - Although very good for standard speakers - Just weren't cutting it in the quality dept.

So, bought myself a set of 6.5in JBL GT5 components. On going to fit them found two sets of wires in the doors (which confused the hell out of me for a while!) - One set for the std woofer and one set for std tweeters. Now, I believe that they are both full power feeds from the HU (but the HU only has 2 front and 2 back channels so is it one channel split in two??) and that the standard tweeters have a crossover built on the back of them. So, just blanked the feed for the standard tweeters off and wired the JBL crossover onto the existing woofer wires. Was this the right way to go? If the two sets of wires was one feed split in two, it'll be back to full power now won't it? After a bit of fiddling with sitting the new tweeters in the OEM location, everything's in but it's not sounding as good as I'd hoped....Definitely an improvement in sound quality, and the new tweeters make a big difference, but it's not drastic.

My HU is a Pioneer DEH-Something or other (oldish one, about '02), rated at 4x45w. The HU has served me well and there is nowt wrong with it so I am loathed to replace it....!

So the point of this post was really to ask if there is anything I could have done wrong/differently and anything to check to ensure these sound as good as they possibly can? I don't like to drive around with my music constantly blaring, but if a good song comes on the radio and it's a sunny day I wanna be able to turn it up loud!

Regards,

Ewan.

·
Registered
599 Posts
yes you have wired your gt5's in correctly i have a envoy and i never had tweeters as standard so only wires to the woofer they are a nice set of speakers i am running more watts through mine tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, I thought I probably had done it correctly but still wasn't too sure!

I thought all corsas came with standard tweeters? Basis for this is that mine is a dead-base model '98 LS 12v...!

Ewan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts