All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Im having some problems fitting my Vibe Slick 60 v2's (6.5") into my corsa b 5dr. Ive got the adaptor (think its SAK 3001).
The problem is that even with the adaptor the back of the speaker wont fit thru the hole in the door enough and so the speaker is forced to stick out. That would be fine but the door panel wont fit on. :eek:

Any help people?? :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Hi everyone,

Im having some problems fitting my Vibe Slick 60 v2's (6.5") into my corsa b 5dr. Ive got the adaptor (think its SAK 3001).
The problem is that even with the adaptor the back of the speaker wont fit thru the hole in the door enough and so the speaker is forced to stick out. That would be fine but the door panel wont fit on. :eek:

Any help people?? :thumbs_up:
Any chance of some pics? I had the same speakers in my front doors with no issues...?!

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Thanks for the speedy reply mate.

Yeah sure Ill try to remember to take some pics tomorrow and get them on :)
No worries :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ok................

If you have some good tin snips and a file and paint, if not get some.

Snip the hole bigger, file it smooth and paint, this is what i did its the easiest way of doing it without a bodge.

Some speakers are shallow fit others have large motors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had prob fitting alpine 16.5's - it wasnt the size of magnet going through door hole but the spreaker terminals hitting the site of hole in my case - i thought it was the hole size at first. make sure you put it in with terminals on the 12 o clock position, and maybe bend back some of the unused pins.

The 3 screws when screwed into the collar to the door bend it a bit which means the the 4 screws for the speaker to the collar wont fit flush.

This job needs lateral thinking, determination, silicone, and clipping away at bit of card and plastic trim that get in the way and wont be missed.

b/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.
I finally took some pictures today:
This is door:

The speaker and adaptor:

Stock speaker:

The hole:

Two speakers together:

Adaptor in:

Furthest speaker will go in (the edge of the magnet catching on the side of the hole):

Screwed it in as far in the hole as will go:

Gap on left:

Gap on bottom:

Attempt to fit pocket back:

Gap on left:

Gap at top:

Gap at bottom:

Hope this helps guys.
Maybe widening the hole with tin snips, smooth and paint is the only option. Dont really wanna be doing tht tho :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Take off the rubber mount on the back, also you wont need the grill on the front - should help :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. That helped quite a bit. But still not quite there. About a first fingers width in places.

I think the bits of blue paint on here:

Are catching on the marks on the sides here:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I have measured it now.
The problem is the sides of the hole catching on the speaker in my last post.
Maybe taking a bit of the door off is the best option. Sounds a bit drastic tho :rolleyes:

Any other ideas?

Sam how did yours go in. Was the hole in the door bigger or something?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Yeah I have measured it now.
The problem is the sides of the hole catching on the speaker in my last post.
Maybe taking a bit of the door off is the best option. Sounds a bit drastic tho :rolleyes:

Any other ideas?

Sam how did yours go in. Was the hole in the door bigger or something?? :confused:
Think I might have had a slight gap. But don't forget the plastic trim at the bottom isn't flush with the factory speaker, so you might be able to get away with it :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
hmm, looks like a massive gap to bridge, if you cant get it sealed, get smaller speakers.
The alpines i got (270w peak) were the largest i could fit to the door with the window winding all the way down :)

Sealed smaller ones will sound better than 'free standing' bigger ones as the sound pressures (esp low frequencies) will cancell out.

b/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah your right mate. I tested them when not fully in and sounded awful. Maybe i could make something to seal them? lol
Its turning into a right fuk about. Oh well eventually they'll be done

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maybe widening the hole with tin snips, smooth and paint is the only option. Dont really wanna be doing tht tho :cool:[/QUOTE]

This is what modding is all about tho mate. The factory dont know you are going to own the car let alone putting massive speakers in her lol.

Cutting the hole bigger is no diffrence than the hole itself being there, as i say a clean cut and sand down with paint and its as good as the factory would of done it!

·
Registered
530 Posts
hmm, looks like a massive gap to bridge, if you cant get it sealed, get smaller speakers.
The alpines i got (270w peak) were the largest i could fit to the door with the window winding all the way down :)

Sealed smaller ones will sound better than 'free standing' bigger ones as the sound pressures (esp low frequencies) will cancell out.

b/
In terms yes but basically what will happen is the speaker needs an Infinate baffle to work to seperate positive and negative polarity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.