·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to fit skirts? as all i got with them is some self tappers :S

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
I got skirts now, not sure how to fit, my mate who used to do bodywork said you bond it and use screws or rivets! If you plan on moulding it use flexible body filler too or it cracks

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get some doublesided tape and stick it under anywhere that will come into contact with the inner door sills. Then stick two self tappers in the front inner wheel arch and two in the back inner wheel arch.
Not sure if that makes sense.

The reason we used double sided tape is that bonding it makes it permanent, whereas the tape can be replaced over and over if the sideskirts ever need to come off.

You can also drill into the sill from the underside of the skirt and stick a screw or 2 in there but I prefer to drill as little through metal as possible.

There should be slight indents in the sideskirts to indicate where a screw should go.

This is how we did Lee_H's and his are solid.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i see the indents, cheers lee.

only thing is, painting them is a bitch as there rough as ****!

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right ok i have just lined them up against the car and they dont seem a brilliant fit, for example where the skirt meets the arches there are slight gaps, do i need to cut anything?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lee's fitted really well. They may just need a tiny bit of trimming. They will need some serious sanding to get rid of the texture though.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah its alright, bodyshop are spraying them as he will do it as a cash job, so the skirts can actually be trimmed up?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah I'd reckon so, can't see why not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts