All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking at getting some FK coilovers tomorrow, but before i do, there are a few things i need to clear up.

Are they height adjustable on the rear, as on some pictures they look to be shocks.

What is the MAXIMUM they lower by? Again, some sites state 30-50mm, other says up to 100mm.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I have them Dean. They are 100% adjustable on the rear. I'm not sure how much the front or back adjust by but its way over 50mm. If you have a look at mine they are hardly adjusted down. Where are you ordering them from?
Rimstyle are the cheapest (it's where I got mine from) and if you quote allcorsa.co.uk and your user name you should get a further 5% off which is about £20-25

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cheers Lee. Whats the ride like on them? Some people like them, some people dont, they claim there hard to fit? Lol, already used the discount, spoke to Gary from RimStyle today, should be £440, got them for £417 with discount, and postage is free :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good Good, glad to see it was all ok. The ride is spot on in my opinion. I had a sports suspension kit on my old corsa and it was really harsh compared to the fk's.
They're not too hard to fit, just a pain to set up. You will need to get them taken to a garage and get the tracking and camber set up correctly once fitted, otherwise you will be all over the place.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
as far as i remember its all down to what you pay, theres a fully adjustable fk kit and another kit that comes with shockers and springs, and the spring has an adjuster on it, then theres another set that have about 3 settings, ive worked on a few sets now, get full adjustables and pick your own settings for comfort and rideheight, before you fit the rears check the inner rear arches as on the corsa and nova its a very soft part of the chasis and having the solid suspension can cause damage to whats allready weak so make sure the inner rear arches are in good nick

d

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The fk highsoprt are only height adjustable at front and rear. Can't adjust the damper rate.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
actually :)

Konigsport and Silverline X coilovers, despite being very similar to the Highsport and Silverline kits the main difference is the ability to adjust the dampening of the suspension, this means that the suspension can be adjusted to your own personal preferences.

d

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep.
It wasn't a corrective post, just thought I'd let you know the kit he ordered and the one I have.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The worst thing with the fk's is the camber adjustment. It's done the same as golfs iirc. Loosen a bolt, wobble the strut, tighten back up. Obviously using precision equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts