Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay or Nay?

I've been offered one, unused and still boxed for £110

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's an active.

I also know this one hasn't been used or abused.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Go for it then mate. you wont get massive SPL/SQ, but it will provide a good range of cheap bass. Sorted :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Well active boxes cost £100 new so...

Thats what mine cost the person who selling it obviously wants to be greedy and get more than its worth! brilliant sub and amp though matches the interior as well, if set up right you can get your wing mirrors and boot wiper shaking.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well active boxes cost £100 new so...

Thats what mine cost the person who selling it obviously wants to be greedy and get more than its worth! brilliant sub and amp though matches the interior as well, if set up right you can get your wing mirrors and boot wiper shaking.
yer i said they were cheaper lol.

get you boot flapping ?? did you power it by a bolt of lightening then :p

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
LOL I think my car is just rattly lol, its true though the wing mirrors rear view mirror and wiper blade shake when its whacked up! i was very suprised at what it could do, the shape of the box and being ported probably does it justice

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've got a 15 inch passive version of the FLI Trap. I must say I'm impressed with it. Only cost me £100 brand new. I have to have it facing sideways though because it's so damn big lol. It's only getting 150 watts RMS and thats enough to make the car shake and rattle, you can hear the tailgate vibrating from the outside! :D More than good enough for everyday listening, and it will go really quite loud lol, can't say how good it is at full power as I havn't got a 400 watts RMS amp lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked it up today, and after much arduous work, got it wired up.

Then found out there was a fault inside. Took it back and got it swapped straight for another one.

Plugged this one in, sounds bloody amazing!

·
Registered
389 Posts
i used to have one untill i swapped it for a vibe 10incher 1200watt simply because in the summer it kept cutting out due to being to hot. they are quite good though i wasn't dissapointed in the bass.

you'll have to wait untill summer to see if it cuts out mine could of just been faulty from new.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 6x9s on my parcel shelf are Vibe SE-K's so match it perfectly!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Its not such a good thing to have your boot rattling lol, think how that sounds to people outside:p

·
Registered
585 Posts
Its not such a good thing to have your boot rattling lol, think how that sounds to people outside:p
Yeah big no-no.....I hate it when a car goes past and all you hear is resonating number plates/bumpers and whatever else. Defeats the object of having phat sound really.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ah indeed, I didn't say I run it at the full 150 watts all the time though :p Just saying if it's loud enough (too loud) it's got enough oomph to make it vibrate, I just find it a bit comical lol. Some interior panels vibrate a bit normally though which is annoying, is sound deadening the only way to stop that? Just I don't want to strip my panels lol.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ah indeed, I didn't say I run it at the full 150 watts all the time though :p Just saying if it's loud enough (too loud) it's got enough oomph to make it vibrate, I just find it a bit comical lol. Some interior panels vibrate a bit normally though which is annoying, is sound deadening the only way to stop that? Just I don't want to strip my panels lol.
sound deadening will stop the body metal vibrating, it keeps road/wind noise out side, and music inside :thumbs:

to stop trim panels vibrating, i dont know lol. ive never had it before. When my door cards vibrated, i brough a massive sponge block, and sqaushed this between the trim and the body metal, this kept the "tight" and it didnt vibrate, could try that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts