All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

As part of an order from www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk I received a pair of LED sidelights for free. I put them in my car and have been driving around with them for the past 8 months, even passing several police cars!

However during my cars MOT the test bloke said they were blue (they do look blue although the bulb is white!) and failed them.

He did say that he didn't care what bulbs I put in after leaving the test centre but they needed to be changed to pass the test.

Oh and it was Kwik-Fit just in case anyone else here has had bad dealings with them.

Have spoke to my brother who's a mechanic and he says they are sales based, meaning that if somethings borderline they will push a sale on you.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
My 106 passed its MOT with blue sidelights fitted :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the MOT and a full service for £149. Not cheap I agree, won't be going there again!

Oh and today I got a phone call from Kwik-Fit! They wanted to do a survey! B*llocks to that! :laugh:

·
Registered
713 Posts
:eek: MOT and service £149:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MOT on its own can cost anythin up to £54, kwik fit tend to charge the maximum, so theyve nearly charged you £100 for a service:eek:

·
Registered
0 Posts
mine passed mot with blue sidelights at BIG M center... i payed 149£ with full service and mot lol!! i dunno anywhere cheaper?!

·
Registered
713 Posts
depends where you go, some garages will pass a car yet take it on the same day to another garage and they'll go over the car with a fine comb, the slightest thing out of place and they'll fail it where as another garage might adjust what was found to make it pass the MOT. ridiculous.

when i had my clio serviced and MOT'ed it only cost me £75 :cool: ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I know they over charged, especially as I could have changed the oil, filter and spark plugs myself (oh and I know how to reset the sevice history interval that is stored in the ECU!). But as I'm new to driving and the cars mostly electonic I decided it's bet to get it checked by a professional. Won't EVER be going there again!

Oh and as an after I got a phone call follow up to the service/MOT asking if I was treated OK? HEH They even asked what i would like to see changed, I said 'A break down of what components my car neded and the price of them'. She repeated this back to me as 'Prices should be clearly displayed'. Dumb f*cking biatch! Needess to say I put the phone down!

Got National Tyres and Exhausts to do the work for the MOT for me! They were cheaper and they showed me what needed doing! Miles better and miles friendlier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts