All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this question with no help so far on ******** forums so thought I'd try here.

Just recently brought myself a Holden SB Barina (Corsa B) GSI. It has terrible sounding speakers and I finally got around to looking at them today. There wasn't one in the drivers side at all and the one in the passenger side lets just say wasn't very pretty.

I'm now wondering how I would go about putting new ones in? I've read that you need some adapters or something like that? Doesn't really make much sense to me. Sorry :p

Have also read that the adapters are for 6.5" speakers while I can only find 6" ones in my local stores. Any help on making sense of all this would be great! Haha

Here's a pic of the lone speaker!

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

No wonder the sound was bad, the missing speaker probably sounds better than the one in your picture !!!

I'm pretty sure that there was a chap on here some months back, who had made adapters/mountings for the speakers and was taking orders for them - quality looked quite good.
I can't seem to find the post now, unfortunately, but it involved a polished plywood panel.

Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
no wonder it sounds terrible, looks like the cone has ripped all the way round. depending what fitting kit came with the new speakers, you may be able to simply replace them. generally the connectors on the rear are universal (generally!). i would go to a local store with the speaker you have and see which ones will match the fit (most that size should). when i replaced the ones in my corsa b it was a pretty simple replacement of unscrew...take out...plug in new ones...screw into door...done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.