All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finally getting the bonnet up on my nans corsa, i filled the washer bottle and gave the wipers a try (id just replaced a drooping rear one) and the front ones where moving really slowly, at this point i thought sh*t the batteries dead, but the car started. The wipers still moving slow, and not returning right down to the bottom of the screen,stopping, and making a rumbling, thudding sound for around 10sec before they give up.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this? anyone had the same problem?

Any help would be much appreciated :) As the corsa is much more fiddly than my 626. i learnt this by just changing the battery :mad: and removing half the car to get to it!!! :laugh:

btw its a 2001 corsa c gls 1.2

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
corsa c wipers slow

i have just done this job today,remove wiper arms and remove plastic scuttle,disconnect plug at the motor and then undo the 2 bolts holding the wiper motor and linkage in place,remove both from car and disconnect the ball joints at the spindles
remove the circlips on top of the spindles and remove the spindles,these will probably be seized,so plenty of wd40,
when removed give them a good clean with emery cloth or sandpaper and grease them up assemble and refit and all should be well:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.