All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working out my fuel comsumption lately and havent been that impressed im gettin between 32-37MPG its only a 1.2 8v though, my mum's 307 1.6 is averaging that, but it is a newer car though. Is this normal? ino its a 9 year old car but i was expecting around 40, its not neglected either i only serviced it about 2 months ago. Is there any way to improve it, like use engine cleaner and/or clean the sensors etc, or should i just expect this.

Post up your's people i want to know what your gettin? :p

its 4.5 litres to a Gallon by the way and think normal corsa tank is 40 litres

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I get 65-70 miles off £10 if I'm lucky. Not sure how many mpg that is though.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've never been lucky enough to have a full tank.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i had mine serviced recently . the guy who did it made to much fuel flow through my carb so i had im back its now sorted try that:cool:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you averaging 290 from a 1.4, thats what i get from my 1.2

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If i pass friday i will let u know what my fuel consumption is at the minute its had a fiver in for about 2 months lol!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I put £20 in mine on thursday evening, and I just had to put another £20 in earlier, so thats roughly £20 in 4 days, kind of scary but thats good for me! I've been driving much less aggressively the last week or so to see how much difference it makes, I reckon I could make £30 last a week like this, whereas I usually put about £50 maybe more in a week.

·
Registered
801 Posts
£15 last night, just driving around!! mate just got a impreza RA fresh import, so we had to have a blast on the motorway slip roads! haha :laugh:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I soooo love scooby's, my dad has one and i feckin love it! its not the turbo just a standard 2.0litre 16v injection to be fair it still shifts, will try and get him to come out if we have a meet!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Hello. Why not just rub it in lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
depends what fuel i use, normal unleaded gets me around 230-250 miles out of a tank without thrashing it, bp ultimate (runs on this all the time now) gets me roughly 300 miles and thats with a thrash now and then lol.

Hi everybody, i have a 98 1.0 12v and get 54 mpg:thumbs_up: :D :driver:
theres always one...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Only thing that puts me off the optimax stuff is the price. It's shocking.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
lol! yeah, isnt it like 5p dearer? i might try filling up with that stuff see if it makes a difference. although going to take a few times because of the normal unleaded in there now :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have done just over 300 miles and still have atleast a gallon left in the tank, i manage to get over 50mpg on long journeys tho going at 70.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts