All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

From searching around on here I think I have narrowed down the issue of my Fuel gauge to the sender in the tank. It flaps about back and forth going round corners or roundabouts and its a bit hit and miss most of the time telling how much gogo is left in the tank.

Is there a way to say, refurb the contacts on the sender unit as opposed to purchasing another? I can be handy with sandpaper & a soldering iron, when required!

TIA for comments/answers/suggestions.

-Stu

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
its nothing wrong, thats just how they are lol, im afraid to say... get used to it :p

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I'm afraid Brads right. They're useless gauges.

I tend to just rest the trip odometer when I fill up and use that instead. Either that or just put more in when the light comes on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured that, seems they are a bit like shitroen/peugeot gauges then.

Does the 1.7D even have a fuel warning light? I got used to not having one with my scoob lol.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I figured that, seems they are a bit like shitroen/peugeot gauges then.

Does the 1.7D even have a fuel warning light? I got used to not having one with my scoob lol.
Some do some don't. For some reason, they didn't put them in lower spec models, but all you have to do to get it is put a bulb in. The wiring is already there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK cheers Danny. The level was flapping around red when i bought the car but didnt see any light come on, hence my asking. I will have a go at stripping the dash for a look @ the weekend along with doing its belts etc!

This is going a bit off topic here but.... I have seen on some threads that you can fit clocks with the rev counter, can this be done on the diesel? I'd like to know when I'm wringing its neck heh.

Thanks,
-Stu

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
OK cheers Danny. The level was flapping around red when i bought the car but didnt see any light come on, hence my asking. I will have a go at stripping the dash for a look @ the weekend along with doing its belts etc!

This is going a bit off topic here but.... I have seen on some threads that you can fit clocks with the rev counter, can this be done on the diesel? I'd like to know when I'm wringing its neck heh.

Thanks,
-Stu
It can yeah. You just need the clocks from a derv as the redline is different obviously.
Should just plug and play. You may need a little bit of wiring.

I think there's a tutorial on the site for changing the bulbs behind the speedo. Tells you how to get it out if you want to change for rev counter or put a fuel lit in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers again Danny. Will see if i can source some clocks... I assume the turbo's have a similar redline to the non turbo's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts