All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok basically car cut out whilst driving, got it started once cooled then cut out again 5mins later, then towed home. AA man said need a new fuel pump, however checked around and most people with similar problem say its down to the relay. Checked relay which had some mild corrosion and was getting unusually hot with car running (then car cuts out). Got new relay and fitted it, car started, but after leaving it running for about 20mins or so it cut out again. And the relay was really hot again. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sounds more like crank sensor to me.

Cts controls fuelling to temperature but they usually fail on a cold engine

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds more like crank sensor to me.

Cts controls fuelling to temperature but they usually fail on a cold engine
Vegas,if i'm not mistaken I think James is having trouble with the fuel pump or fuel pump relay.But you do have a point about the crank sensor.
As for the relay getting hot i'm not sure.I wouldn't have thought they are supposed to get that hot.Just wondered if a faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel filter would put an extra load on the relay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a feeling it may be due to the fuel pump. I'll check out the filter, and crank sensor first and see how it goes. Cheers

·
Banned
885 Posts
I think that the question to ask (and I don't know the answer to) is what current the pump is intended to draw - Of course, it may depend on what you call 'hot' - the relay will warm up, but 'hot' sounds as if the pump may be drawing too much current - As said, a new filter will at least eliminate that as a possibility.

Regards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How long do you have to wait before it will restart? What engine is it? If it doesnt start straight away, pull the fuel in pipe off the fuel filter and check that its getting fuel up. Thats if its petrol and your refering the the scavenger pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts