All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly sure what they're actually called but there's a hole in my garage floor to what i can only assume is to get under your car?

Does anyone believe there's an advantage to these over jacking the car up? Other than the obvious less effort and time consuming? Mines currently full of crap/dirt/creepy crawlys (yeah im a little girl when it comes to them).

Ill post some photos so you know what im on about in a little while.

·
8,351 Posts
a pit.

have their uses.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
now illegal in public/workplace garages though unless some sort of fire exit iirc? although i think there ok in your own garage lol i thought about making one in my garage ages ago!

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
i think im gonna make one anyway and use it as a nuclear shelter for when king jomjom set off his misiles!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I have a pit in the garage I am renting out. Soo useful! Useful for exhaust system, sump, under car wiring and all the rest of the stuff. TBH, I don't know how I'd cope without one :L

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha okay, well mines full of clay/muddy crap from build up over the years it hasn't been used so ill post a picture up of mine once ive removed all the crap and cleaned it out. Sounds like it will be a use full advantage to upgrading/maintaining my car.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
A pit is a very useful thing to have. I had one in my last place - it made doing a lot of jobs much easier. Sadly the previous owner of our current place ran an additional drain right down the centre of our garage so if I dug a pit I'd be knee deep in the brown stuff even quicker than usual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts