All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya looking for a little help am having a trouble with my corsa gearbox (1996 P reg 1.4) its really starting to annoy me :mad: it used to be fine but just recently am having trouble getting 1st and sometimes 2nd the rest of the gears are fine i have to force it into gear most of the time its sometimes fine if i lift the clutch up then put it back down and select the gear all help appreciated :thumbs_up:

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
have you tightened your cage? under the leather gaiter is a cage that keeps the gear stick in the right place. Start there before diving at the clutch or the box, the cage is a funny plastic affair with 4 star bolts see if it wobbles if it does tighten it up.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
good luck mate:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right just checked the cage seams to be tight any ideas what else could be causing it because surely if it was the clutch then all the gears would be hard to select :confused:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
does it make any noises when pressing an releasing the clutch mines like that an its the release bearing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes fluid is fine and nope the clutch isnt hard 2 depress its not making any noise atall thanks for all the help :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
434 Posts
hi guys, just wondering how do i tighten my clutch. Im having the same problem as Josh, its hard gettin it into 1st and 2nd, and when i put it in reserve is just makes a noise that say £££££,lol (and people look at you like you havent even pressed the clutch down)

Please help

Cheers

Ollie

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i think im starting to get some clutch problems, when i engage the clutch when changing gear i can hear like a crunch (not as harsh as a crunch, but thats the best way to describe it) and it sort of slows down to a silence, its not affecting the way the car drives or anything, im just afraid it will in time to come... any ideas?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
hi guys, just wondering how do i tighten my clutch. Im having the same problem as Josh, its hard gettin it into 1st and 2nd, and when i put it in reserve is just makes a noise that say £££££,lol (and people look at you like you havent even pressed the clutch down)

Please help

Cheers

Ollie
is your biting point very early?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts