All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right its been doing it since ive got back from spain (friday), no one has been in my car as its only my granparents that were at home, and they have a Zafria, but say if im in 3rd and im coming to a round-a-bout, so i go into 2nd it seems like its having trouble as with 1st, what could be the problem.

p.s sorry if it has been posted in the wrong section.

thanks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What do you mean mate? Do you mean its really hard to get your car into the gear and you feel like your having to force it in?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean mate? Do you mean its really hard to get your car into the gear and you feel like your having to force it in?
Exactly that, i was getting really p****d off with it sat night and the missus was laffin at me (git) how can i solve this little problem i dont want another car just yet!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It used to do it on my car mate. It'll be your clutch cable is slipping. Chances are this is due to a little retaining clip that has fell off. Go to vauxhall and buy a new one for 57p. Its hard to explain exactly where it is but if you get some to press the clutch in and out while you are looking under the bonnet you should see it moving. If you are looking under the bonnet it is on the right hand side of the engine and down underneath something but it is visible. The retaining clip holds a small block the similar shape to a loaf of bread on a thread into another clip. The retaining clip stops this block from rotating away down the thread causing your clutch basically to be ineffective.

·
Registered
43 Posts
might still be gear linkage, i was having problems getting mine into 3rd when giving it some stick, adjusted the gear linkage and wham bam thank you mam its all good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
dude just look at the clutch cable and see if that clip is missing,

then ahve the car on level ground and at the side of the Gearbox there will be a large allon key bolt, remove it and check the oil level (should just drip out) then check its condition (should be blood red) if this is all ok, then adjust the gear linkage or just get under neeth the car and have a god widdle of the linkage, might find that the cup and ball joints are knackered which would cause this problem.

my B was a bugger to get into 3rd when putting your foot down, i adjusted the gear linkage and now its all good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts