All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was considering spraying my arches and bumper trims gloss black over the next few days, after seeing some really good finishes on arden blue corsas.
I was just wondering if anyone who has done it could offer some advice, or some steps on the best way to do it. Photos would be great too, if you have any.
Thanks in advance,
George

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi George,
I still can't find a thread on here for spraying the Bumpers Black.
There is one, for colour coding. (Pretty Similar)
He done it whilst the bumpers still attached.
I have seen it on other forums, sanding, priming, spray gloss black then lacquer.
I'm in the same boat as well.
Most of the peeps on here have replaced, back to black, colour coded or Heat Gun.
I'm going for the heat gun, over a couple of days. Once the rain stops over here. Once i get the nice finish, i'm spray lacquering them.
Jase

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
It would be much easier, and probably would give a better finish, if you take them off. Firstly sand them down with something like a 180 grade, clean them with some prep cleaner, primer them with PLASTIC primer (as many light coats as you can), leave 24hrs to dry, sand them down with some 1200 grade (wet with a blob of fairy liquid), clean them with some prep cleaner, spray with the gloss black (again a lot of light coats), leave 24hrs, if you want you can sand down again at this stage using some 2000 wet but it's not essential (depends on the finish you got), heat the laquer up in some warm water and laquer them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.