All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Damn Seat Catch Mechanism that locks my Backrest on my Corsa B has broken inside and i need to fix it, any idea on how to dismantle the rear seats? pref the single fold down back rest? Took it out, took off the rear fabric and now ive come to the metal back part, now what lol.
The Haynes Manual can only take us soo far:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
i had that with mine as long as your split seats are the same as the solid bench as you say you have removed the fabric.
have you removed the two torx bolts that hold the latch itself and also have you relised the bar. if i remember right you have to pry the inner push down relise button. or you unbolt the mech then slide it down i cant quite remember as it was 6 months ago i did mine but with some luck and snow melting i will try to find the part i took out and replaced and take a photo of it for you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i had that with mine as long as your split seats are the same as the solid bench as you say you have removed the fabric.
have you removed the two torx bolts that hold the latch itself and also have you relised the bar. if i remember right you have to pry the inner push down relise button. or you unbolt the mech then slide it down i cant quite remember as it was 6 months ago i did mine but with some luck and snow melting i will try to find the part i took out and replaced and take a photo of it for you
Hi mate, thanks. Dont worry i cracked it, yes you have to remove that fabric off the back of the seat but be careful as them plastic push in clips break easily, remove the 2 torx bolts from the side where the back rests split, then on the side of the seat by the door is like an indent that leads all around the seat. Get a big flat end screwdriver and slide it into the indent and gently prise the fabric out which will be attached to some kind of card and carefully pull it over the metal frame, this can be done easily on one side. Then you unfasten the 2x Torx bolts holding the Mechanism Housing to the seat. Then you pull the fabric back ( without ripping the sewing threads away from the seat ) this leaves a small gap underneeth the insulation and you pull out the seat mechanism, but dont pull too hard as the push rod for the mechanism will come away, that was such a pain to get back in. Clip the small Silver Rod into the hole on the side of the mechanism and it will click in to its guide rail, if this happens you have to remove the cover around the Push button , then blindly guide the bar up to the top and it should sit in.
Then to put it back together do the reverse.

Thanks anyways matie :thumbs_up:

Think alot of people have this problem too , i never knew till i had a good look.
I know i should of taken pictures =]

·
Registered
389 Posts
glad you got it sorted out mine was locked in the upright position when i got it i would ay this is a comman problem on the corsas if mine does it again will get photos.
at least you gave a good discription so any one with future problem have a referance post to come to now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glad you got it sorted out mine was locked in the upright position when i got it i would ay this is a comman problem on the corsas if mine does it again will get photos.
at least you gave a good discription so any one with future problem have a referance post to come to now.
yep thats it , mine was the same, my mums fella yanked out the Guide bar by removing the 2 torx bits behind the cover in the boot and pulling the whole thing out,. I do think its a stupid design where if you let go of the button it locks into the first hole and is a pain to shift. My mum has an Agila and her seats just have the one hole on the guide bar and you push them seats back with ease.

Thats my rant done lol.

Cheers for your help Craig mate :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts