All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above.
Setting off on a drive to Scotland in an hours time.
Any local recommend anywhere nice to photograph?

Here is a list of places I have to be tomorrow.

TORYGLEN, G42 0AE
GLASGOW FORT, G34 9DL
FALKIRK, FK1 1JT
CUMBERNAULD , G67 1JW
GALASHIELS, TD1 2AG

And then after that I may have a few places to go to in Inverness.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Are you staying at a Hotel or something?

Shame i'm working tomorrow as well dude, or i'd have popped out to say hello. The Glasgow Fort place is fairly close to me and quite close to my work. (7 miles ish)

You're in luck. There's a place quite close to Glasgow where i live called. Loch Lomond. About 45 min drive if you're cruising. Google Loch Lomond / Loch Lomond Shores for some images and Duck Bay Marina It's much nicer in the summer though, as always overcast.

Falkirk has the Falkirk wheel, which is a nice piece of engineering and makes some nice pictures but i haven't seen it personally

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
falkirk has the wheel, that is always a good picture, you can see the Wallace monument from there too
not to much at Glasgow Fort as its a retail park.
galashiels is the most racist place I have ever been, I think nobody told them that William Wallace was dead.
Cumbernauld is not much
glasgow is nice near the uni and in the town centre there is some amazing architecture and statues
Toryglen is just south of the river in Glasgow.
you will have to get a move on if you are doing all them places in one day.

fyi the road to galashiels is amazing! the ride and the scenery

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This looks nice

That photo is actually competing with me in a photography competition with the theme 'Orange and Purple'.
It's currently in 1st place out of 65 entries, with my photo (below) in 2nd place and only 1 vote difference.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
falkirk has the wheel, that is always a good picture, you can see the Wallace monument from there too
not to much at Glasgow Fort as its a retail park.
galashiels is the most racist place I have ever been, I think nobody told them that William Wallace was dead.
Cumbernauld is not much
glasgow is nice near the uni and in the town centre there is some amazing architecture and statues
Toryglen is just south of the river in Glasgow.
you will have to get a move on if you are doing all them places in one day.

fyi the road to galashiels is amazing! the ride and the scenery
Need to leave around 1AM and hopefully get to the first place between 8-9AM.
And yeah - the Glasgow Fort being a retail park sounds about right - I'm visiting the ASDA store there.

Are you staying at a Hotel or something?

Shame i'm working tomorrow as well dude, or i'd have popped out to say hello. The Glasgow Fort place is fairly close to me and quite close to my work. (7 miles ish)

You're in luck. There's a place quite close to Glasgow where i live called. Loch Lomond. About 45 min drive if you're cruising. Google Loch Lomond / Loch Lomond Shores for some images and Duck Bay Marina It's much nicer in the summer though, as always overcast.

Falkirk has the Falkirk wheel, which is a nice piece of engineering and makes some nice pictures but i haven't seen it personally
Cheers for that mate. I will be up in Scotland until the weekend so plenty of oppurtunities for pictures :)
And yes I will be staying in a hotel - just not sure where at the moment.

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
you going galashiels first?
falkirk last?

the M8 is leathal! have your wits about you! you can join and exit on both sides of the carriage way at some points! its like the opening credits to wacky races. do not go on the M8 at rush hour you will just get stuck bumper to bumper

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
the south of france is nice, scotland isnt. unless your my parents, oddly....

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drive up here took forever
Staying here until Sunday night/Monday morning

Got another job in Glasgow tomorrow, then one in Cumbernauld and 2 in Falkirk

Then got some others to do but will leave them for Friday and the weekend

Really nice up here, shame about the weather but I guess home isnt much better at the minute

Cannot believe how polite everyone is. They keep looking at me funny when I talk though :)

oh, and I got asked for ID when trying to buy disposable plastic cutlery so I can eat a pot noodle

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
This is the best time to go to Scotland. No midges.

I was up there for a week sailing earlier in June. Never again. Got eaten alive.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
It didn't stop the blighters where I was. Spent the whole week either hoping for wind and rain or covered in a midge net - and even then they got inside it.

Only bright point of the week was my mate trying to eat a chocolate eclair forgetting he was wearing a midge net.

We looked like something out of a plague movie by the time we got home.

PS - I heard the trick is to eat Marmite - tons of the stuff - midges won't bite you if your bloodstream is 98% Marmite.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Midges?...

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Midges?...
I sense of note of worry here.

There are the summer midges, which are tiny little things with a bite way out of proportion to their size. They are the common ones.

The rarer ones, which aren't usually mentioned are the winter version. These come out at night and are much bigger, but they are very good at hiding so you can't see them. They live in nice warm hotels and similar places which keeps them active through the winter. Whilst you sleep they crawl into places which are unmentionable and drain you of all bodily fluids.

The number of people who die from their bites is very small so it doesn't get reported much. So there's nothing to worry about. It's very unlikely to happen to you.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sense of note of worry here.

There are the summer midges, which are tiny little things with a bite way out of proportion to their size. They are the common ones.

The rarer ones, which aren't usually mentioned are the winter version. These come out at night and are much bigger, but they are very good at hiding so you can't see them. They live in nice warm hotels and similar places which keeps them active through the winter. Whilst you sleep they crawl into places which are unmentionable and drain you of all bodily fluids.

The number of people who die from their bites is very small so it doesn't get reported much. So there's nothing to worry about. It's very unlikely to happen to you.
Contradicting and worrying....
Just withdrew £100 out of the cash machine.
What the shit is this funny money it gave me?

Reactions: Sam and Rob
1 - 20 of 22 Posts