All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys

Just wanted to see other peoples views on grammar and spelling within this forum. Yeah I can understand that we are essentially providing content to the big G on the site admin's behalf, however, when a person is using correct grammar as much as they can, and then write "myn" ONE TIME and are infracted for it straight away, what's this about? It's not gonna affect the SEO of the site, nor is it hard to read for other users. It's a genuine mistake. It's not like I'm coming on here "wiv sum [email protected] pukkas maate" - I could then understand, but really?

Your probably thinking that I'm bitching about it because I've got one. But at the end of the day, I couldn't give two f***s. I like the community and all but I don't agree with stupid petty things like this, hence would rather stay in touch with a few people from here and move forums. We're making the site owner a living at the end of the day.

Views?
Adam

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously, why does it even matter?
That's right, it doesn't. Just OCD on the admin's part.

Over to a different forum I go. Can't be dealing with spell checking my shit before I try and have a conversation.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
It's not OCD it show's we aren't a bunch of retards who haven't been to school. It's alot neater when everyone spells/writes correctly, no one is saying you have to put commers full stops etc.

This:

Hi all, I'm Brad I'm 23 and live in London I drive a Honda CRX Del Sol which is Turbo'd i bought it last June and its an awesome car

Sounds alot better than:

Yo im brad i liv in london i drive a honda crx wich iz turbod i broought it last june and its awsme.

Which one makes me look more retard?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Your infraction got reversed as it was a first mistake, this was a week ago. Why are you complaining now?

Did you use text talk - yes, did you get banned - no, we're you given a warning so that you didn't break the rule in the future - yes, did you consent to our rules when signing up - yes, has the warning impacted your life in anyway - no. With that said, why are you bitching?

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Because we don't like it - you can whine as much as you like but it's not going to change a thing.

If we ignore a mistake like "myn" (how does that even happen???) then the user will never stop. The site will end up being full of difficult to read crap. An infraction lets the user know to stop and if they don't stop they lose access to the site.

I was going to close this thread but to be honest I'm hoping it'll show that the majority of members actually like the rule.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
This was that predictable, I mentioned it would happen in the auto generated thread we get in staff after an infraction was issued.

The O.P. was initially infracted with a warning for spelling myn about a week ago, the infraction was reversed (due to an error on my part thinking he was a repeat offender) and I asked him in a pm not to use text talk again.
He has since done the same, and was issued with a warning infraction this time. I then received two snotty pms which I expected, and then this thread goes up.

As stated above, we don't infract for bad grammar, only text talk. Also, you spelling properly doesn't in any way shape or form earn me money, or even Admin_Steve for that matter.
Thanks.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
He was a **** anyway
This. Argumentative. Ended up like every other argumentative user. For the record I reported the "myn"

Peace out.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.