All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been following the Grand Prix this year, Is anyone set to watch the final this afternoon?, who do you want to win??

·
Registered
138 Posts
follow it all year,
missed qualify due to a party last night !
so dont know what the grid line up etc is,
or what the deal is with the hamilton fiasco of using two sets of wets in the free practice,

i will be watching it and cheering on hamilton , would be amazing to see such a young rookie win such an event!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hamilton didn't get penalised for using two sets of wets in the practice session as they deemed it as not havng been beneficial to have done so but I think there was mention of a team fine.

he starts on front line as second on the grid today, i think Masa got pole position with kimi 3rd and alonso 4th.

I'm with you on the winner would love for Hamilton to pull it off.. I will be very surprised if alonso is still with the maclaren team next season, I think Hamilton is definately golden boy and alonso doesn't appear to be much of a team player, there's been lots of rivalry between no. 1 and no.2 drivers this season.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hamilton all the way

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeap totally agree with you karen,
cant see alonso being there next season especially after the blackmail attempt, which is what caused all the mclaren fiasco,
i wouldnt be suprised to see alosno take some desprate measures to take hamilton out the running today,

i can see alonso heading back to renult next year,
really hope mclaren try and get button as number two driver as button is a superb driver with so many reliabilty problems with honda

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeap totally agree with you karen,
cant see alonso being there next season especially after the blackmail attempt, which is what caused all the mclaren fiasco,
i wouldnt be suprised to see alosno take some desprate measures to take hamilton out the running today,

i can see alonso heading back to renult next year,
really hope mclaren try and get button as number two driver as button is a superb driver with so many reliabilty problems with honda
I have just done a google on what you were saying about the blackmail situ. I can't believe it... well I can, I'm surprised that maclaren didn't scupper alonso from driving the rest of the races for their team. I'm gutted that Hamilton didn't win the championship. One has to wonder if there were underhand goings on with hamiltons car... but too late to cry over it now.. he'll have to pick up the pieces and get on with it to see what he can bring to next years...

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
he buggered the race up for himself IMO. he only had to keep racing well but he decided to take risks to win.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he buggered the race up for himself IMO. he only had to keep racing well but he decided to take risks to win.
There was only one time when he perhaps made a mistake and that was right at the very beginning when he lost position at the start when the two ferrari drivers blocked him in a little and alonso forced his way passed. After that in my opinion it was mainly down to the gearbox/hydraulic failure where he lost the most time, he was 30 -40 secs behind after that and dropped him back to summat like 18th position. I think he did well to get back upto 7th position but I was still a little frustrated at his lap times in the latter laps, although when they changed his wheels on the 3rd pitstop he did start to perform faster laps, was just too little too late.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
F1's a con.
I don't know about a con but I think there are definately more inter company/team politics that get in the way. Alot of which we don't get to see or hear about. Alot of the scandel and hype is all publicity for the sport at the end of the day be it good or bad, in my opinion some of it is purely to get people interested. I genuinely feel for the Mclaren team this year, they have produced a fantastic car that for the main part has performed well for them throughout and all of the neg publicity has done them no favours this year.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
i thought he messed up when he locked his wheel and went off the track. he did a fantastic job getting back. in the end it was a bit to much pressure for a rookie methinks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i thought he messed up when he locked his wheel and went off the track. he did a fantastic job getting back. in the end it was a bit to much pressure for a rookie methinks
Perhaps I missed something then cos the only time I thought he'd lost it was when Alonso pushed passed him right at the beginning and then again when his systems failed/lost power, which is what I mentioned previously. I have to agree though at the beginning of the race with the Alonso thing I think his driving was tainted by the pressure of wanting to win so bad that it clouded his judgement. I kept saying to myself that he needed to settle himself down, afterall he didn't need to win the race only place 5th, had he not lost position at the beginning he may have been able to have pulled it back to where he needed to be after the second incident. But as I say its all pie in the sky now.. can't change whats already gone.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hamilton FTW! although well done to kimi poor bloke deserved it after all this time lol. Whats going on with hamilton though 3 stops why? tarting about if you ask me, still has alot to learn

·
Registered
138 Posts
hamilton was unlucky!
kimi deserves the win it has been along time coming for him,

if he hamilton had just kept his head and not try to get infront of alonso on the same corner he got past he would have been fine, but hes just got that win or lose mentality about him like senna, as senna allways said " BEING 2ND ISTO BE THE 1ST OF THOSE WHO LOSE"

mclaren put him right in the **** with gearbox troubles but thats just the way things go in f1,

as for the 3 stop i think this was due to the supersofts not being able to hold up in the race, the supersoft are usually hamiltons favoured choice but due to heat etc they were blistering after a few laps, so the for had to change back to normal tyres, it is now also a rule in f1 that all drivers must use both sets of tyres, unless the race is a wet race or the need for intermediate tyres through a rain spell is needed,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hamilton was unlucky!
kimi deserves the win it has been along time coming for him,

if he hamilton had just kept his head and not try to get infront of alonso on the same corner he got past he would have been fine, but hes just got that win or lose mentality about him like senna, as senna allways said " BEING 2ND ISTO BE THE 1ST OF THOSE WHO LOSE"

mclaren put him right in the **** with gearbox troubles but thats just the way things go in f1,

as for the 3 stop i think this was due to the supersofts not being able to hold up in the race, the supersoft are usually hamiltons favoured choice but due to heat etc they were blistering after a few laps, so the for had to change back to normal tyres, it is now also a rule in f1 that all drivers must use both sets of tyres, unless the race is a wet race or the need for intermediate tyres through a rain spell is needed,
Yeah for sure, the gearbox troubles screwed things up big style and the supersofts just weren't giving hamilton the lap speed that he needed to pull back, Kimi deserved it in the end and the objections over the fuel thing is just nuts. No driver would want to take the championship under those circumstances, they want to win it fair and square out on the track where it counts... Theres always next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts