All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i say grinding is more of a dry rubbing sound, the kind of sound you would get if your pads need replacing. Ive checked my front pads and discs, the discs have rust on them but the pads are fine. Why is there rust on the discs still after a good drive and why the noise ? There doesnt seem to be any loss of braking power either. 1.2 CORSA B 1993. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
393 Posts
i suspect that the outer pads have seized in their carriers, so that the calipers are mainly using the inner (piston-side) pads. the noise is from the calipers trying to use the outer pads, but it is best to get them checked out asap because brakes are very important, if you have any doubt about them, get them checked by a professional.

·
Registered
389 Posts
for the sake of £40-50 which mine cost new from carcraft standered ones i would change them mine was doing the same as yours . now it doesnt they are easy to do

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Can get discs and pads for £20 from a local car parts place.

·
Registered
389 Posts
wowzers haha . i wasn't sure of the price because my dad got them whilst i was at work . it was just a guess. but i have seen them at £40 new

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No you can probably get discs and pads from most car spares places for around £20-30.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the discs and pads are only a year old. same with the drums and shoes. They were fine until recently. The pads still have about 8-9mm left on them

·
Registered
389 Posts
hmm could just be dry water and grit then from the day before. if you can be bothered take them of and clean them do you go on dirt roads.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I get mine from both Andrew Pages and Practical Motorists. Not sure if you will be aware of them though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had the same prob,thot it was suspension, then i ruled that out and thot it was brakes but ruled that out today when i just managed to fix it while fitting my new alloys, my trouble was that, the metal guard thing behind the disc was bent into the disc and rubbing of it, all i did was bend it backward and hey presto! no more horrible noise :)

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
i know this is an old thread but, i have had this grinding/dry rubbing sort of noise coming from the rear passenger side, wasn't there this morning but it was this afternoon,
the back wheels seemed to lock when i braked at the end of the street then after that the noise happened every time i braked, but the wheels didn't lock again

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
THIS THREAD IS ANCIENT!! LEAVE IT ALONE!

sherbert, start another thread for your problem:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
sorted it, any way, it had been raining and **** and dust had collected, in the drum. :eek:some one close this thread please:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.