All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
just bought a non runner 1.4 sport and im told it has a gsi 16v engine in it can anyone please tell me how i can tell the difference between the two as the engine is supposed to be knackered so need to know which one i will have to buy!! also are the gear boxes the same if i wanted to put the 1.4 back in instead?? i know theres a lot of questions there but any help would be appreciated guys:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
713 Posts
the gearboxes should be the same i think.

even if it is a gsi engine in it, doesnt mean your restricted to only getting another gsi engine, you can use any

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ecu?

if i put in another engine does my ecu and ignition key be affected in anyway i mean will the immoboliser come on?? so either the 1.4 16v or the 1.6 16v will do from any vauxhall?? thanks for the quick respones:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
713 Posts
erm, ecu might need to be changed to go with the engine, near enough any vauxhall engine will fit into the corsa, be it 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 8valve, 12valve, 16 valve, etc etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a W reg 2000 model 1.4i sport, so if i change it back to a 1.4 i need ecu, key etc? wheras if its is a gsi engine in it all i need to do is get a bare engine and put it in how can i tell the difference between the gsi ecu and the 1.4 sport 1? just so i know that the guy before me changed everything he was suppose to cos he aint bein much help!!! cheers guys :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
713 Posts
i still dont think you need to change the key over. getting a gsi engine may be a little tricky and hard to come by, plus, if it has had an engine changover, has it been declared to the dvla and insurance database? if not and is involved in an accident and its not been declared then the insurance would be invalidated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorted

hi everyone got the engine in and sorted it runs fine and is very fast when cold but once it heats up its like it has kangaroo petrol so hopefully someone on here can help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts