All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

so i just bought a corsa gsi spoiler with the saxo add on for £50.
the spoiler has already been painted BLACK, but my corsa is arden blue.

so i just want to know what to buy to get this too match my car also a link to a tutorial if there is one out there.

i know i need arden blue paint (comes in 300ml) so how many can do i need?
grey or white primer?
clear laquer?
wet and dry? but what ones?
how to remove the previous black paint?
and how to affix this to my car?

PLEASE HELP :D

And check out my project thread :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm sure there's a tutorial on here somewhere, but you'll need to first sand it down using something like a 600 grade sandpaper, give it a good clean, and spray a couple of coats of plastic primer (with arden blue I'd suggest quite a light colour). Wait for it to dry, then sand it down using something like a 1200 wet and dry, give it a good clean again. Spray a couple of coats of paint. If you want, for an extra shiney, protected finish you can spray a couple of coats of laquer on top. Buff it with some polish and you're done.

Don't rush any part of the process though - take your time and if your not sure of anything ask for some help. Last thing you want is a crappy finish or your paint peeling within a week.

Reactions: simtaylor17

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers just the help i needed, do you know how many cans of arden blue paint i would need? (300ml)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
one should be enough, but if you find out that one isnt enough and have to get another one there's a chance that the shade'll be different so better get two just to be safe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just spent £40 in halfords on paint, primer wet and dry etc.

Anyway another question whats the best way to fix this spoiler to my car???

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Could of got is sprayed pro for not much more... you use sikaflex to bond, great stuff

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Over rated TBH

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Drill the boot and use self tappers FTW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts