All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Because of a topic asking about this, I thought I'd throw together a thread explaining a bit about them.

Corsa A

This Corsa is the original and was first launched in 1983 to replace the Opel Kadett City. It is more commonly known as the Vauxhall Nova and GM ceased production in 1993 to be replaced by:

Corsa B

In 1993, a curvier, more attractive, Corsa was unveiled, and in the UK, Vauxhall dropped the Nova name, with the car now being known as the Corsa in the UK. Power came from 1.2l Family 0, 1.4l and 1.6l Family 1 petrol engines, as well as an economical 1.5l turbodiesel engine. Unlike the previous model, there was no sedan version.

Parkers on the Corsa B

Only to be replaced in 2000 with the:

Corsa C

Pre-Facelift:

The Corsa C was introduced in 2000, with distinctive styling for the three-door and five-door hatchbacks. GM dubbed the new chassis Gamma and intended to use it in a number of other models. The 1l, 1.2l and 1.4l petrol engines are carryovers from the Corsa B, the 1.8l engine is derived from the previous 1.6l 8valve engine, but the 1.7l 16valve Circle L turbodiesel is a new engine.

Parkers on the Pre Facelift C

Post-Facelift:

In 2003, Opel introduced an updated version of the engines with TwinPort technology, and the 1.2l engine gained another 5 hp, reaching 80hp.

Parkers on the Post Facelift C

Yet to be changed again!

Corsa D

The first official pictures of the 2007 Corsa were released in May 2006. The new Corsa is available in both three and five-door versions, the first of these called GTC, like the equivalent Astra model. The same engines sizes from the Corsa C are available at launch, although the 1.3l CDTI and 1.7l CDTI engines were upgraded

Parkers on the D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thanks Mattie, I will develop this into a seperate page when I get the time.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries mate, I'm just about to edit it slightly, and add the Parkers pages for each model.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think this shouldnt really be a discussion page, just a closed sticky:)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think this shouldnt really be a discussion page, just a closed sticky:)
It will be transformed into a static info page in the near future.
Sort of like the feature car or performance stats pages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts