All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a story, me and 7 mates went to crail on the 4th when we got there and got the cars signed on to the drifting and quarter mile i noticed a wee white corsa coming towards the quartermile que, it was the one from this months total vauxhall so after reading the article i thought id stand in the pissing rain and with a wind that could cut even the stalest of mr kiplings cakes and see it do the quarter mile, more fool me ****ing 14.7 seconds my corsa does it in 14.3 and my mates 2.0 nova does it in high 13s so was gutted that a 2.2 with a supercharger was so slow on the day :(

d

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
2.2 supercharger only doing a 14? Whats going on there?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i see that car in total vauxhall.would have thought it would have bin much faster than that.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i stood out in the cold to watch it ith my girlfriend i was gutted was really looking forward to seeing it go :(

d

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i seen that in total vauxhall, 14 seconds is pretty **** to say its supposed to have so much power. my mates 106 (1.6 saxo VTR lump) was getting 15s last time we went to the strip. so so say the corsa has an extra 800cc and a super charger, well, thats pretty gash.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the cars it raced had more wheels spin than it had and its a front wheels drive corsa the others where evos and subarus

d

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
so u were watching it in the pissing rain although the car did a dry run? must have a little black rain cloud above your head mate

·
Registered
901 Posts
heres a story, me and 7 mates went to crail on the 4th when we got there and got the cars signed on to the drifting and quarter mile i noticed a wee white corsa coming towards the quartermile que, it was the one from this months total vauxhall so after reading the article i thought id stand in the pissing rain and with a wind that could cut even the stalest of mr kiplings cakes and see it do the quarter mile, more fool me ****ing 14.7 seconds my corsa does it in 14.3 and my mates 2.0 nova does it in high 13s so was gutted that a 2.2 with a supercharger was so slow on the day :(

d
ehhhh damn 14.7 , 2.2 supercharger . :laugh: . ok now he has to go get that pile of crap sorted out :eek:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the start of the quarter miles in constant use maybe 200 to 300 cars all using the same start line the lines dry due to the constant use and burnouts etc if you see pics of the start line you will see what i mean, ak on corsa sport posted a video and you an clearly see what i mean :)

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well you will know what i mean, after 100 cars on the strip it drys out pretty well but it still did pish but then so did out mates 400 bhp fiat coupe turbo but then thats a hairdressers car :p

d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts