All Corsa Forum banner

Gutted

924 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Clutch 
#1 ·
Driving through Leeds this Saturday afternoon, came off a roundabout and started heading towards Garforth...

As I came off the roundabout, had it in low-boost as it was raining, before you judge - No i wasn't screwing it, or racing, none of that ****. Just steady away as it was rather wet and I hadn't had the Starlet out in heavy rain..
Came off the roundabout and whole car started juddering, like it wasn't in gear or a really bad road surface - Put the window down and had a listen couldn't hear anything engine wise so carried on for about 30 meters, was doing about 55mph at this point, arse end of car slid completely to the left, I must of been virtually side ways (My arse was seriously twitching at this point) cars behind me, cars in front. Managed to drive it into a bush at the side of the road.. passenger rear tyre compelely shredded, bits of skirt / rear wing hanging off, my precious rim dented and scuffed where it was running on the road.
To top it off, i went into the boot and the jack was missing!! (My own fault, didnt check when I bought the car)
Luckily my old man was in front of me, used a BMW jack to fit the BMW wheels - Spent 45 minutes in Leeds on the phone trying to find a 185 / 55 / R14 with speed rating V, managed to get one for £40 - Only to find he'd given me a speed rating H!!
Lovely weekend eh?? Suppose seeing my daughter today made it better.

Anyway, thats my rant.

See less See more
#3 ·
The wing / skirts can be repaired - I just hope the alloy isn't too far gone, as thats a whole new set I need, few scratches to the front where my car and the hedge met each other. Lucky, I guess.

The tyre being flat made it shred, but BEFORE I set off for Leeds I checked all tyres in the garage and they were all fine.

Just a bit relieved I guess, that I didn't end up in a ditch or lodged into someone elses car, the bush / hedges seemed a better option!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.