All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I need some info, if anyone can help. I have just bought a vauxhall corsa 1.2 16v 1999. Whilst driving the temp needle keeps jumping up and down. The needle starts at 90 rises to approx 95 and then back down to below 90 whilst driving.When on idle the needle rises to 96 and fan cuts in taking it back to 90.Can someone please tell me if the needle should remain in the middle of the gauge or is this normal. The water level is fine and there are no signs of head gasket problems.This is my first corsa and not too sure if this is normal.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Mine fluctuates too, fan cuts in at 100 to take it to 95, all the time you aren't moving, cool air isn't being blown into the rad so the car will get hot, when you drive, the rad gets cool air so cools the engine, i wouldnt worry!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The needles on the Corsa B do move up and down a bit which is normal but not to a point where the fan kicks in, unless you are running an amp and speakers or using your CD player etc when idling, mine does that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I take it the needle should remain quite static.But this one seems to be up and down all the time. Starting from idle once the engine has warmed up it remains on 90 and as soon as you start to drive it will drop below.After a 15 - 20 min run the temp will rise again. Could it be the thermostat stuck in open. I do get warm air inside though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
When you are driving after 15-20 minutes, the temperature should not rise considerably. Maybe you should get it checked out, a garage won't charge you to have a look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks .... Sorted!

Thanks james, had it checked at the garage and they can't find nothing wrong with it. The temp stays around 90 Degree when driving,only goes up when moving in very slow traffic or queuing. Just like you said No air getting to rad.Thankyou for the info its put my mind at ease. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts